Marijuana use @ good schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Marijuana use @ good schools
By Bracken_99 (Bracken_99) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 12:29 pm: Edit

At which good schools is marijuana accessible and socially acceptable, and at which is it not? I'm particularly interested in these:

Stanford
Berkeley
Columbia
Bowdoin
Pomona
Oberlin
UMich

By Austin_Powers (Austin_Powers) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Not sure about most, but at Berkeley you can pretty much major in glassware making :)

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 08:44 pm: Edit

Well, a school not on your list, Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa is extremely drug friendly.

By Natalia (Natalia) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

So is Wesleyan (from what I hear).

By Nyguy (Nyguy) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

yeah a girl from my school who was accepted ED smoked with a bunch of Weslyan kids on her campus visit. She said its proof smart kids can still do drugs. I say its proof they are not that smart in the first place. I hate liberal settings such as that. All those kids never had to work in their lives are very naive. Just avoid schools notorious for drug use and you should be perfectly happy with your decision.

By Svansviek (Svansviek) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 04:11 pm: Edit

Reed and Harvey Mudd don't have problems w/ drug use.

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

reed has a huge reputation as a pot smoking school!!!!!! i speak the truth.

By Asdf (Asdf) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Any college you go to will have a drug-friendly population, unless of course you go to schools that do drops like any US Miltary/Navy/Air Force Academies. I'm sure there at least a couple kids who love the ganja even at schools like Caltech.

By Topcat (Topcat) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 12:43 am: Edit

Weed will be readily available at all of these schools.

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 01:14 am: Edit

weed. rhymes with...reed.

By Oberlinbound (Oberlinbound) on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Oberlin is really drug friendly, so s Grinnell from what i heard, and Reed. My choice is oberlin. I agree with the person that says white liberals with nothing better to do should be avoided, but i am very middle-of-the-road middle-class and if you're still an honest, hardworking person, theres nothing wrong with gtting high.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page