Help!!! Am I Screwed??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Help!!! Am I Screwed??
By Demiurge (Demiurge) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 04:18 am: Edit

I just checked my application status on the Columbia website, and it says that it didn't get one of my teacher recs. Decisions mail in 3 weeks... if I send now can i make it in time?? Are my chances permanently ruined, or just depleted?

By Louisa (Louisa) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 04:57 am: Edit

Try calling them. I think that they might have gotten them. (I applied to columbia too) when did you send them? because I remember that for me, they had that they received my teacher recs mid february when I'm sure they got there at least a month ago. I freaked out too. Also, it also had that they hadn't gotten my high school transcript mid-february!! so I sent another just in case, and soon it had a check mark next to it. at this point in time, try calling them, though there's a big chance that they are just late in putting them up.

By Momx3 (Momx3) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 08:18 am: Edit

Check with your teacher, have the teacher and your guidance couselor call on your behalf if you find fromColumbia that they really don't have it.It is possible that they misplaced it. It happens and they know it and want to give you a fair shot. Then get a copy and have your counselor fax it or overnight it to admissions. Look on the bright side. Your app. will get extra attention.

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 12:37 pm: Edit

The same thing happened to me. I called admissions and found out that they had gotten my rec letter before they got my app, so my rec letter went into a "general file." When I called and asked about it they found it for me. Make sure you call to check on it before you have your teacher send out another one.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page