Should I write an explanation to the colleges I applied to?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Should I write an explanation to the colleges I applied to?
By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Last semester I failed a class as a result of technology problems (it was an online class) and I'm retaking the class this semester. I did not fail because I was unable to understand the coursework. I explained the situation on the phone to one of my admissions counselors, and she said it reflected well on me to explain the weakness in my transcript before they had to ask the question themselves. Should I write a letter and send it to all of my admissions counselors? Considering that my mid-year grades were received 2 weeks ago, is it too late to write and explain? Will my application already have been tossed in the trash?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 09:50 pm: Edit

"Should I write a letter and send it to all of my admissions counselors?"

>>>YES. If you failed for illegit reasons, then of course you should explain it. Why not? That F looks EXTREMELY bad, especially if you consider the fact that you got it recently (as opposed to freshman yr or something)....Good luck

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 10:22 pm: Edit

Thanks. Hey, did you check out the advice I gave you on how to improve your SAT verbal? It's on one of the threads in the SAT prep forum.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Yes. I read it and responded. Thanks.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 12:31 am: Edit

Okay, I wrote my explanation, email me if you want to see it. I'm not sure I want anybody's help though, the people on this site are quite unnecessarily brutal......such as sugesting people kill themselves, etc. But, Incognito, you've been helpful, so if you want to see it, I'll email it to you.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 12:34 am: Edit

um...OK
i_needsathelp@yahoo.com

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

well, I'll only mail it to you if you really want to see it

By Incognito (Incognito) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:17 pm: Edit

yeah...why not? (as long as it isnt too much in terms of length)...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page