Switching HS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Switching HS
By Spacecandle (Spacecandle) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:02 pm: Edit

I'm going to be a Junior next year... and I have made a decision to switch HS.

I've heard a lot of rumors, that college admissioins don't like it when student's switch HS... is that true? Why?

By Asdf (Asdf) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 02:54 pm: Edit

That's just not true. If you're going to a high school that's better for you, then colleges will be glad you made the change.

By Spacecandle (Spacecandle) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Okay, that's very good. I was just watching this program on telivision about college admissions, and they said they don't like inconsistency.

Thank you!

By Blahdefrickenda (Blahdefrickenda) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

dropping out of school would be an inconsistency.

By Spacecandle (Spacecandle) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

Blahdefrick... I'm not dropping out of school. I'm just switching schools.

By Asdf (Asdf) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 01:52 pm: Edit

Inconsistency means like going from a 2.5 to a 4.0 to a 3.2 in three semesters. Inconsistency means being on student council one year, philosophy club another year, key club another year, and football the last year. Inconsistency means a lack of committment or regular behavior in school. Changing high schools, assuming there is a good reason, isn't inconsistency.

By Natalia (Natalia) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:11 pm: Edit

I was thinking about switching schools, and I talked to the college counselor... she said that colleges don't like it because you've been there for a while - and you've just figured out you don't like it? They wonder if you'll do that to their school too (behavior pattern stuff).

PS - I ended up not switching (good call for me, I think).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page