After school Job

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: After school Job
By Just Wondering on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

I've worked afterschool (and through the summers) at my job for two years now. It's taken up quite a bit of my time, so my other ECs are lacking (to put it nicely). For example, I worked 30-40 hours/week during my junior year, took AP and honors classes, and made all As. Will this help make up for the lack of other ECs on my applications to colleges (like the UCs, not Ivy-League)?

By lolbob on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

I think it will, especially for the EC's. I worked only 10-15 hours a week as a radio DJ and played sports, and it probably hurt my grades so as long as you maintaned good grades while working so much...it will definitely make up for the lack of other EC's.

By muppet on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 04:24 pm: Edit

It would be fine for Ivies, too. They are sick of all the rich kids with millions of scattered clubs and sports 'n junque. Kids with jobs stand out right now.

By Nyguy (Nyguy) on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 10:30 pm: Edit

lol my parents reccomended i wait until after applying to college to begin working during the school year

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page