How big a deal would this be?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: How big a deal would this be?
By Junior on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:52 pm: Edit

Hi! I'm a junior and one of the founders and editors of my HS newspaper. I've actually been trying to get one going since Jr. High, and we finally have it up and running. The newspaper for a local city is looking for high school students to join the staff and write some articles. I have been offered this opportunity and think that I shall take advantage of it because I really enjoy newspaper writing (although I don't see that as a future major or carear). Out of curiosity, how big an impact do you think such a position would have on college admissions to Ivies and top LACs? Thanks!

By Bigparoxysm (Bigparoxysm) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

I think it would be fantastic. It's good to have experience in a professional field. It would also show your dedication. Go for it!

By qwe on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:23 pm: Edit

what is your major? it would be nice for journalism or english majors.

P.S both are gay majors.

By Junior on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:56 pm: Edit

Not sure yet about major... As for a carear, I'm currently thinking of special education... hoping to found a mainstream school catering to underpriviliged children with autism, down syndrome, language problems, etc that uses a combination of approaches. (I've done volunteer summer internships in special ed settings) :-)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page