Colleges that don't require SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Colleges that don't require SAT
By leila on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 03:22 pm: Edit

I know that Conn. College, Bates and Dickenson (sp?) and don't require the SAT's but does anyone know of any others?!

By music toad on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 03:55 pm: Edit

go to google and type in "no SAT colleges"--it should bring up a list of colleges. it's pretty large.

By asdf on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 04:25 pm: Edit

Mount Holyoak

By XXX on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Bowdoin, Middlebury, Muhlenberg. Just remember that with some schools where SATs aren't required, you might have to submit something else instead.

By Patience on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Go to http://www.fairtest.org for a complete list of SAT-optional colleges. Their list should also identify schools that give you testing options, such as submitting three SAT IIs in place of the SAT I, or 3 AP scores, etc.

By me on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Even though Bates doesnt require the SAT for admission, you still need to take it and submit it for placement. Middlebury and Bowdoin require the SAT or ACT, so if it's standardized testing in general that's problem, then these schools arent going to help.

By Skeeter on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 01:27 pm: Edit

>>Middlebury...require(s) the SAT or ACT.

You need to distinguish I (which I think is what most people have mainly in mind) from II. Last I heard, by allowing substitutes, Midd does not absolutely require SAT I.

And ACT is supposed to be a lot easier than SAT.

By a on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:29 pm: Edit

If you're a URM you can get in anywhere, whether you've taken the SATs or not. HTH

By mongoose on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

stupid question of the day...what's a URM?

By clintonian7643 on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:18 pm: Edit

under-represented minority

By me on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

At Franklin and Marshall, you don't need to submit the SAT if you are in the top 10% of your class.

By sthbnd on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 06:32 pm: Edit

notre dame

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page