Removing a grade form your report card

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Removing a grade form your report card
By coolguy on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:16 pm: Edit

what if you were to white out a midterm grade on your transcript? you wouldnt be lying just omitting something. would it be a big deal? they will get the grade eventually, but just not on your midterm report. my school sends out report cards very close to the deadline so i might be able to pull this off, what do ya think?

By tt on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:28 pm: Edit

Doesn't your counselor have to fill out the mid-year report? What school(s) are you doing this for? You will probably get caught, and if so, you are automatically rejected...

By mac on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I would not do it. Too risky.

By coolguy on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 04:55 pm: Edit

my school simply attaches the report card, and doesnt write a word. its possible that the grade had not been entered at the time of report card printing. I would just make a copy of the original with the grade whited out. tons of people had their report cards sent without half of their grades

By ag on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:51 pm: Edit

it is called "lying by omission".

thank god for retards.

By Dori on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit

unless you have a fail, it's not worth it. i wouldn't recommend it.

By coolguy on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 11:11 am: Edit

heh other people from my school had blanks because of the close proximity between midterms and the 15th. if the work is well done, nobody will ever notice

By eat •••• on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:12 pm: Edit

go to hell. you're ••••••• scum you cheating piece of ••••

By G on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:57 pm: Edit

I would not risk it. While a C on your report card may not leave the impression that you desire, if they find out that you whited things out, your loss of integrity would be much worse. They may even begin to question other things on your application. Good luck and just be honest.

By asdf on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Honestly, this would look bad. I would not recommend it either.

By Useatoothbrush (Useatoothbrush) on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Uh they actually let you handle your transcipt? We aren't allowed to even SEE the copy they send to colleges, let alone access it to white it out. And white out isn't exactly subtle, either; I always notice it. Especially if you have a class listed but a gooey, clumpy white mass next to it...that will look suspicious. And you'd be more screwed if they doubted your integrity than if they doubted your ability.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 03:18 pm: Edit

You cannot "white-out," or omit, a grade on your mid-year report. I did not even see my mid-year reports since the counselors write the information and send the 1st semester grade transcripts to colleges.

You will have to withdraw your application if you do such a thing. That will REALLY SUCK.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page