National Student Leadership Conference- any good?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: National Student Leadership Conference- any good?
By biga on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:27 pm: Edit

I just got a brochure in the mail about the National Student Leadership Conference. Does anyone know about this? Is it any good? Selective? Who do they send apps to? Does it cost anything?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:32 pm: Edit

I'm going next week!
I hear good things about it.
It is NOT very selective (although it claims to be)
It costs like $1500 - $2000.

...BTW, "rickw", if you're reading this, dont start bashing me again...

By NSLC on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Yeah, NSLC is great! I went last year for the Business and Tech session and there were really good speakers and the marketing competition we had was really fun. I met lots of friends from around the US that I still keep in touch with, and I'm thinking about becoming a Counselor in the next few years.

By Eanderso1 on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:49 pm: Edit

NSLC? I went to NYouthLC.. it was great. I thought it was going to suck but it was actually very nice!

By RaviPoser on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 02:09 am: Edit

my name is Ravi i come from bombay!
at NSLC i smoked the •••• every day!
rolled around with men covered over by hay!

By Josh on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:04 pm: Edit

That's actually pretty funny because at NSLC they had "amnesty night," where they left a box by the elevator on each floor. Anyone who had "mistakenly" brought drugs or alcohol could put them in the box and eliminate the risk of getting caught.

By Natalia (Natalia) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

I guess it's okay (I've never been, but I live in DC, and we have the people here every summer, and all the locals hate them... anyway...), but if you're thinking in terms of how good will it look on college applications - I've heard that it doesn't really make a big difference, because as incognito said, it's not that selective, and it's fairly expensive.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page