Foreign language

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: February 2003 Archive: Foreign language
By akljdalkwd on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 09:48 pm: Edit

how important is it to tak a fourth year of FL? i mean, two years is required at my school. three is "strongly recmended". now thy are saying "IVY hopefuls"should take a fourth. i want to drop my fourth year of spanish bcase my schedul will be packed (hard courses, and INTERESTING for a change...). If I ABSOLUTLEY wanted to fit another year, intheory i could (ie summer school and stuf) but thats if i desperately want it which i dont for the time being.

senior year i will taking manddtry classes (math, etc) and some elctives (which are interestingand I REALLY want to tak them). and ill alrady be overflowing my schedule. would coleges really care if i take that fourth year? i mean, im not slacking off or anthing. i just have no room for it.

By _ on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 10:42 pm: Edit

you don't need a 4th year...esp if it doesn't interest you. 3 is fine.

By Me on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 11:15 pm: Edit

You don't need a 4th year. It may be more important if you are majoring in something related to foreign language. As long as your electives are challenging you should be fine. However, taking a lot of electives that could be seen as easy won't help you.

By oo on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 01:02 am: Edit

spanish may be boring NOW, but knowing spanish in this country is awesome and its good for getting jobs and stuff like that

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page