East or west...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: East or west...
By Cozy (Cozy) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:44 pm: Edit

im still waitin on NYU but if i don't get into NYU im trying to decide whether ill stay westcoast or go east.

west:
UC Davis
UC Santa Barbara

east:
Boston University
Fordham
Wheaton (Norton, MA)

i want to major in music business but the main thing is, if i dont get into NYU, im trying to go to the school that might give me a better edge of transfering next year. any insight?

hit me back, just to chat, your biggest fan, this is stan.

By Bear363 (Bear363) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Stay on the west coast! The east coast is soooo gloomy and densly populated. Especially, the Northeast. We have so much more out here on the west coast. We have huge mountains, incredible beaches (not like the many polluted ones of the east coast) and we don't have nearly as many densly populated areas. Look at it this way, the state of OR, which can roughly fit 15 New Jerseys inside of it, has a population of 5.2 million people. The state of New Jersey has a population of 8 mil! New York, which is an eight of the size of California, has 20 million people living in it. The state of California has 33 million. There is sooo much more beauty out here than back there. So much more to do. Plus, the people are nicer, the air is cleaner, and there is A LOT more nature. Plus, UCSD is a better school, in my opinion, than any of the east coast schools you mentioned. Both San Diego and Santa Barbara are really pretty areas. Trust me, you don't want to live in the Northeast. Only people that don't know what they are missing, live in the Northeast. Or just naive or desperate people. West coast rocks!

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

east for a change. that's what i'm doing.

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

West coast is the best coast. Fastest growing too economicly. East coast states have flat or negative economic and population growth. Plus, west is more interesting and has much better weather in winter and summer. Big cites next to sking, beaches, deserts, forests.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page