UC Transfer acceptance

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: UC Transfer acceptance
By Melechashkenaz (Melechashkenaz) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Hi,

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate/reccomended requirments for a transfer student to UCLA, UCI, or UCSD is?

By Tennisfreak141 (Tennisfreak141) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

Yea i would like to know this too!?!

By Botheredone (Botheredone) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:14 am: Edit

I'm shooting some blanks here, but I'll let you know what I do.

UCSD:

First of all it's good to get involved with TAG (Transfer Admission Guaruntee) and keep at least a 3.0 and up. UCSD's admission rates go a little like this, though I can't tell you exactly. The statistics are in one of the threads:

2.7 - Below: 7%
2.7 - 2.9 : 12%
3.0 - 3.29: 29%
3.3 - 3.5: 28%
3.5 and up: 27%

I also read that about 8,000 transfers applied last year and about 5,000 were accepted. Though it might be 800 applied and 500 were accepted. I think it was in the thousands.

UCLA:

This school has the TAP program and emphasises majorly on major preparation through assist.org and successful completion of IGETC. Their website wants students to have a 3.2, though the TAP program requires a 3.25 and has about a 90% admittance rate as of last year.

A 3.25 is in my opinion not near enough, however, as I applied for a Political Science major at that school for fall. At their TAP day, UCLA said that Political Science majors had an average GPA of 3.56. That means half the bell curve was ABOVE that.

UCI:

I know nothing about this school. I furthermore do not understand why anyone would care to go there. According to the UC System, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD and UC Davis are the four top UC's. Transferring to UCSD requires a GPA in the lower B average bracket, so I assume any school (Like UCI) would require something similar or below, depending on the amount of students applying and the amount of funding given to the school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page