Seniors...do someone a favor...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Seniors...do someone a favor...
By Emyh (Emyh) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

..and send in those reply cards to _______ University that you will not be attending once you decide not to attend. The reason is if you got a nice financial aid package, then maybe it might help someone else who really needs the money and is struggling to decide if they can afford the school they desperately wanna go to. Yes, chances, might be slim that would happen but stranger things have happened. Of course, you can always just wait it out to May 1 when there are pretty much no options anymore...

Plus, it's just polite.

By Aterashva (Aterashva) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:44 pm: Edit

It is indeed the right, just, noble and correct way.
Plus, isn't it a waste to the kid on the waitlist that he can't get into the university of his choice because some kid who was already accepted was too lazy to send his reply card?

If you believe college is important (and you clearly do: otherwise you wouldn't be reading unsolicited ideas at an online forum), then you would send in those reply cards.

It is not only a right. Not doing it would be wrong.

By Arthurdent (Arthurdent) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Colleges don't want you to send the card back until you make your final decision. Otherwise, why would they ask you what college you will be attending?

By Aterashva (Aterashva) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Do you seriously expect me to believe that when seniors have a whole month to decide their decisions, they leave it to the last day of the deadline?
While some would, I am unsure that they would be in the great majority.
People decide early. It is for the majority of the applicants that this post was directed at, not your magnified anomalies.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

"Colleges don't want you to send the card back until you make your final decision. Otherwise, why would they ask you what college you will be attending?"

That is why I said when you decided you have not to attend. If you have decided you are not going to attend, you have probably already decided on somewhere else.

By Arthurdent (Arthurdent) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you should send the card back if you had decided not to attend the college but had not decided which college to attend. If you have made your final decision, of course you should send the cards in ASAP.

By Arthurdent (Arthurdent) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

"If you have decided yo are not going to attend, you have probably already decided on somewhere else."

Not necessarily. If you've gotten into a couple match/reach schools, you know you are not going to go to one of your safeties. But you still have to decide which match/reach to go to.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Well, its up to you if you want to send it in. And if you sent it in while not deciding on another school, that's just not prudent either. I mean, do what you want to do, just be smart about it, you know? I'm not telling everyone what they have to do, I'm just trying to make everyone aware of what that little card could do for somebody else. Your safety might be someone else's dream/reach.

By Peterline (Peterline) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

yes especially ones for USC!

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

I agree with the first poster.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:15 pm: Edit

bump ;)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page