How many AP courses are necessary to impress colleges?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: February 2003 Archive: How many AP courses are necessary to impress colleges?
By Me on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 10:23 pm: Edit

I know you're supposed to take the most challenging schedule offered @ your school, but my school offers more AP classes than there are periods in the day for senior year. This year (junior year) I am in 3 APs & working very hard to maintain straight A's. I really don't think I could handle much more than 3 or 4 APs. Is that sufficient? A 5th AP could fit into my schedule, but with college applications, would it hurt my chances if I keep it @ 4?

By d on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 09:27 pm: Edit

ap stats, ap calc bc, ap gov & pol, ap econ, ap french 5, ap english, ap physics 2 for me next year, its not that hard

By c on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 09:49 pm: Edit

i'm taking those classes and i get all these damn B's on my midyear.......*sigh*.......................................................

By Me on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

We can't even take that many AP's (cos we have 7 periods, but one is required to be gym).

If I took the rest of my periods AP's, I'm sure I would get several B's/B+'s/A-'s. Would it be better to take risk that or to take one less AP & take an elective instead? I would really like to take journalism as an elective since I want to major in journalism. Even though it's not weighted, it would be a lot more relavent to me than another AP science (I am in AP chem this yr).

By asdf on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Take 4 AP's but do the rest honors and take a full schedule.

By Dsh (Dsh) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Are you supposed to take all your AP courses in your junior year? I'm a parent trying to find info to advise my son--and make sure his school has a good-enough program.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page