Second semester grades & haverford

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Second semester grades & haverford
By Reeses (Reeses) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Hey, everyone! First of all I want to thank this wonderful board for all of your help because I got into my dream school- haverford! Please email me if you'll be there next year too- I'm sooo excited!! (aprilfooi@aol.com)

I have one question. I'm doing terrible in ap calc right now...in fact I'm most likely going to get a D (possibly fail if I do poorly on the last test this quarter) on my third quarter report card. My teacher loves me and knows how hard I've been trying, but the tests just don't really go so well. Is there any chance they could take back my admission??

By Matth (Matth) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Wow, a D or F isn't what colleges want to see. What was your mark when you applied? Most schools have some stipulation in their offer of admission that you complete courses in progess with marks similar to those you had when you applied. My advice is to work hard and make sure you don't get a D or F. You might want to check with Haverford and see what their policy is.

By Reeses (Reeses) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

I had a B+ and B first & second quarters (which were the first Bs I'd ever gotten in my life)...

This quarter my grades were a mix of As and Fs because of these stupid math contests we did..err. I mean, I'm still trying just as hard as I was before...it just got a lot harder.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page