USC of UCSD?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: USC of UCSD?
By Sushih777 (Sushih777) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

As of right now, I got accepted into USC and UCSD for biology. I'm still waiting for Columbia and Berkeley (prayer schools), but if the situations unfortunately turns out like it is now--which I am content with--should I go to USC or UCSD? I know UCSD has a spectacular Biology program, but I also heard that USC has a great alumni connection that provides good job offers after graduation. I really like both schools, but I was wondering if I could get some helpful opinions/insights/suggestions/etc. Please factor in the social life, academic, tuition, etcs too. Thank you very much =)

By Sushih777 (Sushih777) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

oops, the title is suppose to read "USC 'or' UCSD." Hehe. sorry =)

By J0h (J0h) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

I'm in the exact situation, however I'm planning to major in Bioengineering. Clearly, UCSD has a better program but USC's spirit and alumni is also attractive.

By Araesova (Araesova) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:31 pm: Edit

im in the same situation, except between UCSD and UCLA and I am going for UCSD...they have an EXCELLENT bio program and single dorms.

By Lamom (Lamom) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

If you are doing bio I think grades/recs will matter more than alumni connection. What do you plan to do w/bio? If med school your mcats are more important than alumni connections.

By Sushih777 (Sushih777) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

I really want to go on to grad school and study optometry.

By Reality (Reality) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

i really think you would be better off at UCSD if you were going into bio

By Exy1e (Exy1e) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:30 pm: Edit

i think also the price should matter..usc being double the price of ucsd if no scholarships are involved. personally, i like ucsd better, both great schools so you can't go wrong.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page