Waitlist?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Waitlist?
By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

aren't waitlisted ppl guaranteed spring 2005 admission? why do people treat it badly?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

No, that's not true at all. Waitlisted people have to wait past May 1st to see if they get accepted or rejected. Most schools don't even have spring admission for freshmen.

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:35 pm: Edit

really? i think some schools guarantee spring 2005 admission to students in their waitlisting.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:36 pm: Edit

Which ones? I've never heard of it.

By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:39 pm: Edit

well my friend was telling me how she got wait at college park and is guaranteed spring 2005(not 2004) admission to the school.

also some other schools in the area.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:41 pm: Edit

Well schools that people are talking about on this board (concerning waitlisting), for example Wash U., Northwestern, Barnard, etc., don't do that.

By Arcadia (Arcadia) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:02 pm: Edit

for many schools, being placed on the waitlist is a polite rejection--for others, there's a decent chance one will be accepted from the waitlist. it depends on the school and the year.

By Thevolume (Thevolume) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

does anyone knwo what a tufts waitlist means? polite rejection or possible acceptance?

By Fredmoley1 (Fredmoley1) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Does anyone know about Carleton? It has been my number one choice forever! Do you think their waitlist is ranked? Should I bombard them with more stuff about me? Or just let them know they are still my first choice? Maybe I should take my sleeping bag and camp out in front of the admissions office. Nah, too cold, I guess.

Seriously, does anyone know how they decide who to call when they get an opening?

By Arcadia (Arcadia) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Carleton: Last year, 1,494 students placed on waiting list, 394 accepted a spot on the waiting list, 10 were enrolled from the waiting list. So 2.5% of those who were waitlisted and stayed on the waitlist eventually enrolled.

Tufts did not release their numbers, but I've heard they usually take quite a few off the waitlist every year.

By Britt85 (Britt85) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

what about SUNY wait list... anyone know?

By Reeses (Reeses) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

yeah, one of my friends was waitlisted at geneseo (her #1 choice), and i'm very curious to find out her chances of admission.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page