Waitlisted at Northeastern

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Waitlisted at Northeastern
By Quentinandreas (Quentinandreas) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:25 pm: Edit

I got a letter saying while my stats are like ones who attend northeastern, they put my on the wait list because of an increase in applicants this year. It says I will know no later than June 1st of 2004. June 1st?? I have to make a final decision for all my colleges on May 1st. Why in the world would I risk everything and stay on the waitlist, when there is even no guarantee I will be accepted?

I was wondering how many people get put on the waitlist at Northeastern and are later accepted. Thanks.

By Quentinandreas (Quentinandreas) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

bump

By Quentinandreas (Quentinandreas) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 08:51 pm: Edit

i know there are a lot of waitlist posts but does anyone know anything about this particular situation? thanks

By Dstark (Dstark) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 08:54 pm: Edit

You accept and pay your deposit to another achool by May 1st. You tell Northeastern you are interested in staying on the waitlist. If Northeastern accepts you, you write a note to the first school saying you changed your mind. This way, you are in somewhere.

By Kmom (Kmom) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

My son was waitlisted at NU last year - despite the fact that we thought he was comfortably within the stats range.
He was hopeful that he's be admitted from the WL, but was not, and apparently no one else was either.
I don't know if that will be the situation this year, so I hope you don't find this news too disappointing.
It was a really hard time for my son - and for me - last year as he really wanted to go there, but he has done well at his "safety" school. He may or may not consider transferring at some point, but not to Northeastern.
Best of luck

By Bjturlington (Bjturlington) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Hmmm. I was wait listed too. But I got in at URochester, Yale, Brown & several others. This wait list letter from Northeastern was my second. The first was from Kenyon.

The funny thing is that i used the same essays and recs. I was very comfortably above the mid-50% SAT range, had a 3.9 GPA, etc...

You could have knock me over with a feather! I liked Northeastern, was near the top of my list, but oh well. I needed aid, so it makes it easier to shorten my list.

Just my 2 cents.
Rob.

By Quentinandreas (Quentinandreas) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:49 am: Edit

yea. I my transcript was all about improvement. I originally had a 1020 but bumped my SAT up to a 1200 (650M). While I had a cumulative 3.0 gpa because of freshman and sophomore years, my junior and senior years were straight A's, and I'm taking AP Calculus, AP Chem2, AP Physics2, Biology, English etc. Ive done lots of community service, and have excellent recs. My essay was really good, and talked about the problems i ran in to during sophomore year, and overcoming my hardships.

this is really pissing me off. my friend whos never taken an AP in his life, and who has an SAT of 1110 with 3.1 cumulative gpa, got accepted into his major choice of engineering there. hes never done any sports or activities at all and his essay was below average.

admissions is a bunch of ••••!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page