A strange irony

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: A strange irony
By Jeffyp (Jeffyp) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:53 am: Edit

Senioritis has most definitely set in. Yet the oddest thing is I am finding it increasingly easy to get good grades. At the rate im goin i could have some of hte best set of grades of any semester and the sad thing is i barely have to do anything. I'm not sure if i've finally adapted to the cruel high school universe or that i'm studying without noticing or what. Anyone else facing this "dilemma"? :P

By Crazichic98 (Crazichic98) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:22 am: Edit

i don't think it's a dilemma. a dilemma is getting bad grades and doing nothing about it.
that is my dilemma, maybe if i didn't ditch so often...hrmm, that's a thought

By Dswmo456 (Dswmo456) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:24 am: Edit

I'm in the same position as you jeffy. I think my teachers have senioritis too, as most of them teach senior only classes.

By Yellowcard05 (Yellowcard05) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

hey me too! i tell everyone that i've given up doing work for lent lol...i got my last report card and i thought i was screwed and then it said i got the highest academic achievement possible at my school. and i keep moving up in my class so it must mean that other kids REALLY aren't doing anything...hmmm...

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:54 pm: Edit

teachers have senioritis as well and want to go easy on us.

By Oceanblue52 (Oceanblue52) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I'm experiencing the exact same thing!

I think the main cause is stress/relaxation. We've all been working and worrying for four years. Its so much harder to study and really learn when you're worried about your rank, GPA, SATs, etc. I seems now that all the information is naturally sifting in our heads(by sleeping in class, staring at the unopened backpack gathering dust in the corner). Its an observation one should remember for college, dont you think? ;)

By Stargazrlilychk (Stargazrlilychk) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 03:40 pm: Edit

see, when it gets REALLY bad is when your senioritis lasts into your freshman year in college, as mine has...

By Peterline (Peterline) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 03:42 pm: Edit

i continually amaze myself each day with how little work i can do and how well i do in school.

By Sweetprincess (Sweetprincess) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

The only teacher in my school that doesn't have senioritis is my Physics teacher or my Calculus teacher.

By Jadesark (Jadesark) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

I basically don't do work anymore and I'm getting straight As. I've never done so good in my life, so it's fine with me. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page