***CALLING ALL UCSD STUDENTS (AND EXPERTS)***

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: ***CALLING ALL UCSD STUDENTS (AND EXPERTS)***
By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR ME...I am entering as a freshman and I am going to live on campus. Could I get a singles room? From what I remember seeing on the UCSD website, freshman could get singles dorms. Do you recommend singles dorms? Do dorms or apartments offer singles? Which dorms or apartments are the best with ocean view? I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS A LOT

By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

bump

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

Oh come on ...you've gotta be kiddin me bro...

You seem social on AIM

By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

haha....dude I don't want any distractions....NONE!!!!!!!!!

By Ptm (Ptm) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

I don't know what your college is, but since I was admitted into Warren I did some checking around.

Warren college offers singles to freshmen staying in dorms. Dorms come in doubles as well, and this is the most common dorm room type. You must request a single to be provided one, and even then it is not guaranteed. Turning in your application for housing early helps, and the deadline is May 3rd. You MUST get your application in before then or you will be in a world of housing trouble.

The apartments are going to see a +1 occupancy boost until a permanent housing solution can be worked out, meaning 5 to an apartment. Generally, there are 4 to an appartment, but appartments have much more space than dorm rooms and even have some basic cooking amenities (think kitchen). Not all apartments will have 5 students - many will still have 4. Those in a 5th occupant apartment will recieve $4.00 a day courtesy until a permanent solution is ironed out.

I hope this helps. Remember, this is for WARREN. I do not know about the other colleges.

- PTM

By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

ya it helps thanks a lot Ptm. BTW, sorry I didn't mention this, but I was accepted to Thurgood Marshall and am considering changing to Muir.

By Araesova (Araesova) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:10 am: Edit

bump...anybody else know about the dorms?

By Crazichic98 (Crazichic98) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:17 am: Edit

what does bump mean? sorry i'm new. i just thought ppl we're being weird, but after seeing it multiply times...i wonder, what does it mean?

and while i'm clueless, what is an ADCOM

By Araesova (Araesova) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:21 am: Edit

lol, when you don't get too many people resonding, you say bump, and it "bumps" your thread to the top of the list so people could see it. ADCOM is a person who reviews your college application and determines whether you're in or not. let me know if you read this crazichic

By Araesova (Araesova) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

bump..please answer

By Reality (Reality) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Araesova, would you know how to go about changing colleges?

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

BUMP = Bring Up My Post

By Araesova (Araesova) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

ok reality....I called today and told the admissions office that I wanted to change. It says that Regents scholars COULD change at time of admission. Well I called and this bit*ch a*s women goes no, absolutely not! ??????? wtf, "it says i could," "i'm sorry you can't." I might call back later and try to talk to somebody else. It is ridiculous if they don't let you change because they can't just force you to go somewhere if you don't want. so i dont know.....

By Reality (Reality) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

if you read in the frequently asked questions on studentlink.ucsd.edu (after you log in and everything) it says we can't switch, but then i've heard of people in the past switching so im tempted to find out how to go about doing so..

By J0h (J0h) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

Araesova: Damn. Maybe we can change once we're in UCSD. I think I'll live in ERC for a year since they have nice dorms, the switch the following year or something.

By Ptm (Ptm) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

Switching is supposed to be impossible. As for people doing it in the past, perhaps the college wasn't as impacted? I'm not sure, but the idea behind the "cannot switch" mentality is that each of the six colleges have only so many spots...

- PTM

By J0h (J0h) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

What if I threaten not to matriculate? =P

hmm ... then i guess they'll just respond, "Great! we'll allocate your scholarship money elsewhere."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page