**All Pomona Applicants**

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: **All Pomona Applicants**
By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Did any of you get the newsletter from Pomona in the mail today? Is this a sign of acceptance, a quasi "likly letter?" I mean, I have never gotten one of these before from them, and why would they send them right before admission to people who did not get accepted.?

By Andrey1225 (Andrey1225) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

I recieved it today (live an hour away from the school) and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything. I got newsletters from a bunch of different schools during the summer (NYU, UChicago to name a few....didn't apply to either). We were probably just placed on their mailing list because we applied.

By Daonesteven (Daonesteven) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:10 pm: Edit

i didn't receive a newsletter...

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

yes, but I have never recieved one from them before and it is really weird theyd do it a week before april first. The newsletters you got in the summer were to make you apply. It seems weird that theyd send these to ppl who didnt get in, it seems kind of like a tease.

By Charlez (Charlez) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

well i received one too live abotu an hr away from the campus

By Congresssenator (Congresssenator) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Anybody have a clue as to when decisions will be released?

By Caramelapple (Caramelapple) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

got one. i'd recieved a newletter a few months ago too but that was just from the music dept.

april 10th?

By Charlez (Charlez) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

sometime in april i guess...

By Charlez (Charlez) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

double post...

By Kamili (Kamili) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

Talked to Pomona adcom last week, and she said that they planned to send out decisions April 1st. Said everyone (cept maybe internationals) should know by the 6th or 7th.

By Patient (Patient) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:04 am: Edit

One arrived at our house in Bay Area today. I agree I felt it was odd to be sending it now, but believe it is completely generic. Perhaps to sustain interest in the school because they don't send out likely letters?

By Momx4 (Momx4) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

We are in NY and D did not get a newsletter from Pomona

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

The newsletter seemed to be excerpts from the Pomona Magazine which is available online. The newsletter kept referring you to the expanded online version. I don't think it means anything re admissions.

By Patient (Patient) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Momx4...I am just sure you'll get yours, it's just taking a day or two extra because of the distance factor.

By Patient (Patient) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Momx4...I am just sure you'll get yours, it's just taking a day or two extra because of the distance factor.

By S17 (S17) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 03:39 pm: Edit

It seems kinda cruel to send one to those applicants whom they will reject in a week. I agree that it does appear to be generic, though.

By Patient (Patient) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

I agree with you, S17. Made it go down just an inch in my view. But then again, my view doesn't count.

By S17 (S17) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Patient,
There's always a chance, albeit slight, that the newsletter is Pomona's form of a likely letter, and that they only sent it to those applicants who will be accepted. At least I hope so for my sake and that of your S/D. If it turns out that they sent it to all applicants, even the rejects, then it will drop an inch in my view as well. Don't get down on Pomona yet, though.

By Ashlie (Ashlie) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

I live in California and I haven't received any newsletter... I hope that's not a bad sign. :[

By Patient (Patient) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Ashlie, I hope not too. I still think it is weird timing.

By Mommydog (Mommydog) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

We live in norcal and got one today. I don't think it means a thing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page