Guy at Barnard Summer?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: February 2003 Archive: Guy at Barnard Summer?
By help on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 06:11 pm: Edit

I am a sophmore at good, Quaker private school on the east coast. I got a 204 on my psat's and have tons of ecs. I'm very liberal and involved in anti-war groups, theatre, music, and student gov. I had a 3.8 uw in all honors classes last year (4 As and 1 B+) and expect about the same this semester (2 As and 3 A-s), although I haven't gotten my second semester grades yet. I've been looking at summer programs at colleges and universities. I thought I found a perfect one at Barnard (Columbia's all-female sister school in downtown NY). It has acting, beat lit, and art history classes, all of which I'm interested in. It costs just $3600 for 5 weeks (cost is a bit of an issue, but not much of one). And you can't beat the location.
Then, I noticed that the female to male ratio is 10:1! AHHH! I have tons of female friends, but I'm worried. Is there any guy who has been to a summer program or college with a very small amount of guys? I need someone to assuage my fears, or say to stay away. Other summer program suggestions are welcome!

By Sid on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Do you go to Sidwell Friends ?

By help on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

no... my school is in PA, but I know some administrators there.

By go!!! on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Dude, you will get TONS of ladies!!! Definitely go!!!!!

By asdf on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 11:16 am: Edit

Yeah, hello? You'd be spending your summer with many fine ladies. GO!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page