Enrollment/Deposit 2 Schools?--beating rescindment

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Enrollment/Deposit 2 Schools?--beating rescindment
By Younghov (Younghov) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

Ok heres my situation while my senior grades aren't terrible they are pretty weak ... i take 6 classes all of which are ap/college level with the exception of one... I have all B-'s and an A in the non ap/college leve class.

Im a little nervous about what would happen if my admission were to be revoked. I got into my reach school (right outside the top25) whom i fear for the possibility of a revoktion.. I also got into another school that is slightly less competitive and a lot less emphasis on final transcript. My question is what would happen if i send in the enrollment card + deposit for both schools so that just in case my top choice revokes me i still have my spot in my backup??

I know people on waitlists often have to send in a deposit/enrollment to another school and than sometimes have to go back on it if they are taken off the waitlist at their original choice.. so if i do that in fear of rescinding admission it isnt really much different is it??

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Oh relax, B-'s...

You're joking right?

They only rescind if you get D's and F's..

Anything that isn't below a C is fine.

By Younghov (Younghov) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 06:52 pm: Edit

B-'s are okay for a school thats basically in the top 25? I emailed the school with a question about when do they rescind and all they said was "we expect your final transcript to be on par with previous performance" or something like that...

anyone else have an opinion about the likely hood of being rescinded as well as the possibilty of what 2 school enrollment/deposit?

By Younghov (Younghov) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit


By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

B-'s are fine.

Now, if your GPA suddenly becomes around the D- range, then I recommend you start worrying.


By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

blah i hate this option colleges have in revoking admission... it's like just when you think youre out of the water you see a tidal wave emerging on the horizon

...hypothetically speaking though would it be possible to send deposit/enroll to two schools?

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

seems like a good idea hah

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page