Transfer essays

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Transfer essays
By Mandarinorange (Mandarinorange) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

hi im trying to write my transfer essay but im kinda stuck...i have good reasons to transfer but im just having trouble putting these reasons into well written prose. can ne1 post some of their transfer essays please to give me some idea of how to write mine? thanks!

By Mandarinorange (Mandarinorange) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

bump bump bump...

By Derbisblue (Derbisblue) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

transfer essay for what school? and what's the topic?

By Mandarinorange (Mandarinorange) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 02:44 am: Edit

im applying to nyu, and the topic is just the general transfer essay topic: why do you want to leave your current college and how will nyu better meet your educational goals?thanks!

By Derbisblue (Derbisblue) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 04:03 am: Edit

hmm.. well that's different from the UC transfer essay. But what's the reason you want to transfer?

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 07:24 am: Edit

I compared my own work ethic to the stated work ethic of the school (as though the school were a sentient human being) so as to imply a sympathetic relationship based upon shared goals and motivators. I also worked in the "School motto" at the end, but as a closer--not the basis for my essay. Make love to the school, but don't sexually harass it, if you know what I mean. Suck up a little--not a lot. Too much sounds like a bunch of hooey.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page