CMU Pre-College or National Youth Leadership Forum on Medici

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: CMU Pre-College or National Youth Leadership Forum on Medici
By Humbucker87 (Humbucker87) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

I am currently a Junior and after being rejected from the NC Governor's School (rank wasnt high enough) I've decided to look into other summer programs. I had pretty much decide on going to the Carnegie Mellon Pre College program and earn college credit in a real college environment. Then today in the mail I was informed that I am nominated from my school to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicince. The two programs have conflicting times so I am forced to choose only one. In your opinion, which do you think colleges would like to see more pre-college or the forum.

Thanks guys.

By Chemyst (Chemyst) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Earning college credit in a college environment is overrated. Go to your local university if you want that.

I had the same option of going to the NYLF on Medicine. My parents made me refuse because they wouldn't let me earn the money. *huh?* I still wish to this very day that I had gone.

My advice: go to NYLF......

By Humbucker87 (Humbucker87) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 06:42 am: Edit

bump

By Ltwaldo (Ltwaldo) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:49 pm: Edit

I had a friend that went to the NYLF - it's not that great...I got nominated for the technology one...didn't go...went to harvard ssp instead...best choice of my life.

By Ifonly (Ifonly) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:54 pm: Edit

Zillions of people get the National Youth Leardership Conference stuff! ....it is a gimmick... highly overrated. We thought we were special too! HAH!!!!Teachers just give them names of kids who might be interested. Go to a college and take a course... it is a real eye opener... if it is a quality program and helps you determine if you have the stuff for a top college. Went to a program at Stanford...it was great and tough ....got credit too!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page