In state or out of state tuition?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: In state or out of state tuition?
By Pixx (Pixx) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:33 am: Edit

I live in Pennsylvania, but I'm going to be going to a community college in Maryland next fall. I'll be renting a room from some friends, so will I be considered in state or out of state?(a tuition difference of about 3,000 dollars, which really makes a difference for me since I dont' have a lot of money for college) Is there something I have to do or forms I have to fill out so that I'll get the in state tuition prices? If anyone knows, please tell me, since I can't seem to find anyone else who does. Thank you!

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

You will be considered out of state. If colleges allowed students to establish state residency by moving to the state to attend college, every student would qualify for residency.

Usually to qualify for state residency, one has to live for a significant period of time in the state -- 1-2 years -- without attending college.

An easy way to check this would be to simply Google something like: state residency maryland public universities

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page