What's the scoop on UCSD?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: What's the scoop on UCSD?
By Araesova (Araesova) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:38 pm: Edit

How is ucsd in the human biology major, campus life, quality of dorms, atmosphere? I am seriously stuck between ucsd and ucla and any opinion on this matter would be highly appreciated. Most importantly, is it's biology program good?

By Xeroeeva (Xeroeeva) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

UCSD has the BEST science department out of all the UCs. I got in with a Human Biology major too! :) La Jolla is a great place, lots of things to do. There's the beach, malls, and the basically every kind of thing imaginable! The freeway is just a few miles away from the school, so you really only have to go 30 minutes at most to get to anywhere in San Diego. On campus, they have a great library and a BIOMED library, which is EXCELLENT. Sometimes on the walkway there they have sales of odd things. It's pretty cool. San Diego is just a great place. UCLA is geared more towards artistic majors, while UCSD is the BEST for science majors. I can't say anything about the dorms really. UCLA has a great greek system (so lots of partying!), while UCSD has a more academically competitive atmosphere. So, if you really like biology, I'd definitely go to UCSD. San Diego is FILLED with research opportunities. We're loaded with scientists working on cancer, genetics, and any other kind of scientific-related thing. I'm not belittling UCLA, but UCSD is the place to be for bio-lovers!

By Araesova (Araesova) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

thanks a lot for the commentary xeroeeva. I've heard this from a lot of other people. It seems as if UCSD is REALLY a great school, contrary to my initial beliefs.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page