Have you been rejected by BC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Have you been rejected by BC?
By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:01 am: Edit

I have. Have you?

I think I was one of the first people to get my rejection :)

By Gladiolusingrid (Gladiolusingrid) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

BC? boston college?

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

hehe, BC is the abbreviation for our local community college. I chuckled when I read the thread title and just had to share that.

By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

BC= boston college.

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:02 pm: Edit

najy, you were rejected? When? I thought you were still in the runnings

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:06 pm: Edit

well their website says decisions have begun ot be mailed..so i hope i hear from them soon..

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:09 pm: Edit

najy also, what were your stats and did you apply EA at first?

By Krypt (Krypt) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

2 people from my school got rejection letters on Thursday from BC ... but I haven't heard any acceptances ... so I think it's a good thing if you haven't heard yet

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

I was deferred after applying early action. Don't know if it's such a good thing because it was pretty late when i received my defferal letter too. I live in new orleans.

<<< Just hoping for the best here......

http://prstats.com/display.php?user=hnbui

BC is one of my top picks....

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

I know I'm getting rejected. It's all good though. I expect my rejection letter Monday.

By Kwyjibo86 (Kwyjibo86) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

i was deferred EA and now i'm waitlisted. oh well...

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

what were your stats?

By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:45 pm: Edit

3.2 gpa, 3.7 or so weighted, 1210 SAT, 520/600/660(french)SAT2's. I was expecting rejection, so i wasnt unhappy or anything. i applied RD.

im from washington dc or thereabouts. it was funny, earlier on friday i had said to myself: today seems like the day to be rejected from BC (basing my prediction on the weather, it being the same as the day i visited BC). thin letter. nice envelop and paper though, very high quality!

the signature on it was half-ass. that was a little rude, haha

By Woogiewilly25 (Woogiewilly25) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Ew for all of those who got rejected, I'll be the first to say BC sucks and you shouldn't be upset....no offense to those who are BC crazy, my ex boyfriend went there and honestly it has to be the single most stuck up school I have ever met in my life...Not to mention it's gone totally down hill and it's such a party school now...people who go there really are concerned about money and stuff, I used to hate going up to visit him....not to mention their acceptance process is aj okebecause they gave a girl in the yr above me a scholarship for lax when she didnt have the grades or the sats to get in, not to mention she had been caught plagerizing (spelling) two yrs in a row...don't be upset, there are tons of better schools I promise...Check out Maryland for one :)...FEEL BETTER GUYS AND DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!

By Chiangkaishrek (Chiangkaishrek) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Don't go to Boston College. Its admission committee is a joke. Both of my friends (this was six years ago) were both waitlisted at BC. I thought they were going to get admitted (not like they were going there)...but they were waitlisted. Both of my friends had steller SAT scores and great GPA's. One ended up attending Northwestern..which is far more superior than Boston College. The other decided to attend Emory. Sh|t,...even Boston University is better than BC.

By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

BC sucks. its really over-rated. i was almost happy to be denied admission. uggh. my cousins girlfriend transfered after her first year, to brown no less. when i visited i could tell everyone was really stuck up- even the other kids on the tour.

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

I hope everyone ends up at their dream school. Good luck to all. I can't believe I was naive to think I could get into BC, but oh well, I still got into my dream school. If only financial aid would allow me to actually attend...

By Morningafter1 (Morningafter1) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Wow, seriously, no need to bash BC just because you didn't get in Nayj. That is extremely childish.

By Red92 (Red92) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

excusememixed, where's your dream school? BC is still mine... I love Boston...but i'm also sorta expecting a thin rejection letter. mehhh.

By Najy (Najy) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

hey! morning after, i was never mad about my rejection. just because i started this thread doesnt mean i'm bitter...just looking for similar situations

By Bulldogkt08 (Bulldogkt08) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:54 am: Edit

Let me just clarify one thing, BC does NOT suck. The posters above were exposed to an aspect of the school they deemed was negative; however, it is not a bad school by any means. BC grads are kind, successful people.

By Red92 (Red92) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

Boston COllege, i love you.

By Red92 (Red92) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

Boston COllege, i love you.

By Hnbui (Hnbui) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

Nervous am i

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Northeastern University. It's nowhere near as prestigious..but I love the school.

By Najy (Najy) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:55 pm: Edit

i alkways saw NE as more prestigious as BC...but maybe im wrong

By Bulldogkt08 (Bulldogkt08) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

Yea, Najy, you're wrong. Maybe you're getting Northwestern & Northeastern mixed up?

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

It's all good though. I love Northeastern for my own reasons.

By Bulldogkt08 (Bulldogkt08) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Any school you go to is good and whatever school makes you happy is the right one for you regardless of how prestigious it is.

By Najy (Najy) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

shlt. yeah... i meant northwestern. wow, i look f'ing stupid

i know better...honest..i had just woken up haha

By Najy (Najy) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

any more rejects out there?

By Bck118 (Bck118) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:04 am: Edit

I was waitlisted

By Grace226 (Grace226) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:19 pm: Edit

I was rejected with a 1400 and a 95 average/3.8 gpa, top 10% of my class, excellent rec's and essay. I was so angry, you would believe it. I didnt even get wait-listed. Other people from my school lower grades than mine even got in or waitlisted!! I think I'm going to call the admissions office. Should I?

By Najy (Najy) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

yeah, call. you never know what couldve happened.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page