SAT questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: SAT questions
By Undiluted (Undiluted) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

Firstly, as far as the SAT goes, is it true that some colleges look only at the highest single-sitting score and not the composite?

I am a junior starting to investigate college admissions. I took the SAT in May of sophomore year and scored 710 M / 730 V. Again last October in the beginning of junior year and got 660 M / 800 V. I'm applying to competitive colleges, am signed up for the May 1st SAT and intend to drill my ass off on math, in order that I get 750 or higher on math.

This will be the third and final time I take the SATs. I have a 1460 single sitting high but a 1510 composite so far. Now, I'm not planning to work on verbal at all. I might not get 800 V, but likely 750 or higher. (My talents are in the verbal fields not the mathematical ones.)

So you see my concern. If I get 750+ on math but my 800 V goes down, will colleges be unhappy with my single-sitting results? Or do they uniformly look only at composite scores?

Thanks immensely for the help!

By Karen182 (Karen182) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 02:27 am: Edit

Yes, some schools ask for single sitting results...it really depends on the campus. Look up their applications online and see what they require.

Good luck! 3rd time's the charm, right?

By Alex614 (Alex614) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Most competitive schools like Harvard only consider your highest verbal and you highest math.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page