For those who appealed in the past and got accepted...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: For those who appealed in the past and got accepted...
By Roh (Roh) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

For those who appealed in the past and got accepted....
what did you appeal with?
like, what did you say in your appeal that convinced the college to accept you?

By Roh (Roh) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

oh yeah, and also give some examples of what would work or would not work for an appeal.
thanks.

By Roh (Roh) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

bump

By Satin94 (Satin94) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

bump

By Chen (Chen) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

I think someone talked about appealing a Brandeis decision (I think it was rejection...but it could've just been from a WL or deferral) a few weeks ago. Do a search for it. I think the person was just really passionate and had done some new things. Be genuine in your appeal if you write one.

By Cornell_Hopeful (Cornell_Hopeful) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

I was deferred form Cornell early decision. I didn't do much academic wise that was diffferent from my regular schoolwork (I did manage to get a bit of a higher average but nothing major). But, I did write letters to Cornell each month about the craziest things. I even went so far as to say that the dean of admissions was not my favorite person at the moment when I learned I was deferred. Then I talked about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When I wrote the letters, I wrote them thinking I would not get into Cornell, so I just relaxed and I was myself for a change. My application was too polished and formal. I let my true self shine through in my letters. Just be yourself and try to relax about it. Just say how much you want to go to the school and how it's still your 1st choice.

By Cornell_Hopeful (Cornell_Hopeful) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Oh, and I got in, so that shows what a little persistence can do :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page