USC Status

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: USC Status
By Flcbruin84 (Flcbruin84) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Everyone is talking about how they got notices to send in mid-year reports for USC. My brother is waiting on their decision but hasn't recieved a mid-year report notice. Is there anyone else who hasn't got one of these notices? Let me know if anyone knows if not getting one means you already got rejected. Thanks and best of luck to all.

By Kellygirl (Kellygirl) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 04:46 pm: Edit

I didn't receive a mid-year report notice, but I received my admissions packet in early March. So not receiving a mid-year request does not necessarily mean rejection. A few of my classmates DID receive a mid-year report request and have yet to hear about their admissions decisions.
There are also special circumstances with my school, though. We are the 4th most represented private high school at USC, so my school has good relations with USC.
But good luck to your brother and I hope he gets in! Just know that not receiving a mid-year request DOES NOT mean automatic rejection.

By Css (Css) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

45 students had to send mid year reports at my school- but not to worry cuz 90% of the people who sent em to SC got in.

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:20 pm: Edit

are you saying OF those 45 people, 90% of them got in? Or 90% of everybody who sends in mid year grades gets in?
If they request mid year grades, and your grades are good, is it a sure bet you're in? I mean, if the school is done reviewing your application, and all they need is senior grades and they're interested in you enough to request them...why would it make sense to reject you in the end if your grades are good?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page