Has ANYONE heard from these schools yet?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Has ANYONE heard from these schools yet?
By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:56 am: Edit

Vassar, Wesleyan, Gtown, BC, Williams, Brown, Columbia...

All of my friends seem to be hearing from colleges and absolutely no word here since I got accepted in December to my state school's honors program (rolling) and deferred by Brown ED.

So if anyone has heard from the above schools for regular, please post here.

I know a lot of people got likelies from NYU, which I did not - which makes me a little worried about my chances there and elsewhere. I had not anticipated admission at NYU to be an issue... 1480 SAT I, 800 writing/790 french/720 lit SAT IIs, 6 APs, 4.4 gpa weighted (3.8 unweighted), good EC's (no athletics, but I run my own website business). Any advice from the good people at CC on this??

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:06 am: Edit

Vassar - nothing except for a little postcard saying that they received my application material

Brown - a letter came earlier this week telling us when decisions will be available online

Columbia - SEAS sent out likelies, but not the College

NYU - got Sunday at Square invitation

I'm surprised you didn't get the NYU invitation, but I'm sure you'll get in when it's all said and done. Good luck.

By Bjturlington (Bjturlington) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

I still haven't heard from Wesleyan myself. I applied under their ED II program, but my transcripts did not get there on time because of a mix-up. They defered me to the regular decision pool but I have not heard yet.

My understanding is that they send out their decisions in one mailing at the end of March. A friend said to look out for a Red envelope which means an acceptance.

I'm a little stressed right now with all the waiting, but it'll be just a bit longer. For myself, I try not to think about it. You know how that goes. As for Vassar, they also wait until the last minute.

Good luck.
Rob.:)

By Brendangraff (Brendangraff) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

SoulofHeaven had said that Columbia SEAS sent out likely and not the college. What does SEAS mean?

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 12:22 pm: Edit

SEAS = Fu Foundation school of engineering and applied science at Columbia

By Red92 (Red92) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:14 pm: Edit

I heard Boston College already rejected someone...has anyone else heard?

By Mtstudent (Mtstudent) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

Ivy League colleges cannot send out their letters of acceptance untill April 1st, 5pm EST time.

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:34 pm: Edit

bump

By Krypt (Krypt) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

yes, a few students from my school in MA have received BC rejections

By Funkybabe (Funkybabe) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

I heard from Gtown already for NHS. I'm in!

For the other schools of Gtown, you'll hear around April 1.

By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

BC-rejected today. (yesterday, now)

By Stargazrlilychk (Stargazrlilychk) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

Last year I got responses from vassar and NYU around now (so keep checking those mailboxes)and I found out columbia on like april 3rd (ugh!) snail mail

By Red92 (Red92) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

Krypt, were these rejected kids incredibly smart? BC seems kinda random to me.

By U2rules (U2rules) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

funky babe how did you hear from georgetown?
email,snail mail??

which school did u apply to an what were your stats like?
thanks appreciate it

By Cheerios128 (Cheerios128) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 04:11 am: Edit

Gtown sent back a postcard to my gc and asked for new grades if available. I applied to the college.

DOn't know about the other schools

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 06:14 am: Edit

Of those schools, I applied to Williams, NYU, Columbia, and Georgetown. I already received an early write from Williams (3/16/04) and a Sunday at the Square invitation from NYU. I have yet to hear from the other two.

By Mundanesundays (Mundanesundays) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

i've heard that Vassar sends theirs out in the last week of march, so you should get that one relatively soon.

By Brownalum (Brownalum) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

You won't hear from Brown until April 1st at the earliest.

By Leewong (Leewong) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 05:14 am: Edit

I'm asking this for some friends and myself. Has anyone heard from these liberal arts colleges (all RD) ?
Bates, Wellesley, Gettysburg, Carleton, Franklin and Marshall, Dickinson, Hamilton, Connecticut College, Smith, Mount Holyoke, Oberlin
And Brandeis University.

Please, include:
- Email or mail?
- when?
- U.S citizen or international students?
- currently in the U.S or outside the U.S?

Thank you so so much.

By Leewong (Leewong) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

bump

By Apguy4 (Apguy4) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 06:31 pm: Edit

Nothing from BC or Gtown yet.

By Kelsoola (Kelsoola) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

Carleton - I got an acceptance packet in the mail today, dated March 19th. I'm in CA.

By Bck118 (Bck118) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

waitlisted at BC

By Iska (Iska) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

I got full-ride to Brandeis yesterday. Any opinions compared to HYP. Is it worth accepting this over HYP and be debt-free for premed?

By Golfy101 (Golfy101) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Leewong,

I live in virginia and got my acceptance letter to Gettysburg College this past monday in the regular snail mail. hope that helps.

By Leewong (Leewong) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

thanks. so so nervous

By Wheezer3 (Wheezer3) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 08:20 am: Edit

BC acceptance 3/22 (mailed 3/19). Website says they are mailing randomly during the next 2 weeks. Nothing from Vassar or Wesleyan yet, although some people have heard from Wesleyan. Envelopes are WHITE this year, according to the Wes. board.

By Thecritic22 (Thecritic22) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

My fat envelope from wesleyan was white. =D Came on monday. i'm in MD

By Ltwaldo (Ltwaldo) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 08:13 pm: Edit

Was waitlisted from Brandeis - received letter monday.

By Banana3325 (Banana3325) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

i got into franklin & marshall today! woot.
ana

By Catrina866 (Catrina866) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

I applied BC and have been placed on the waiting list... should i stick it out.. its my number one school and i have dreamed of going there.. i will be very disappointed going to another school.
|
| Here are my qualifications:
| g.p.a.: 4.0
| class rank: 19/250
| sat: 1150
| class schedule:
| computer programming (Honors)
| spanish (5-AP)
| modern europe (AP)
| english (AP)
| calculus (AP)
|
|
| I am a 3 sport, varsity, 3 year, athlete, involved in various clubs and activities, and am a
member of National Honor Society. I have a job and am the captain of the tennis
team and an all conference singles player. I am a caucasion, catholic, female.

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:32 pm: Edit

I got into BC's honors program myself on Monday (yay! :)). I still got nothin' from NYU and am kind of nervous about that. Also, I called Wesleyan and they said they are mailing on 4/1, so I don't really get why a select few already got them on Monday or Tuesday... hmm.

For what its worth, I also called some of my other schools and was told both Vassar and Gtown would mail by the end of the week, and Williams would mail by March 30. The NYU admissions message board on their website says decision mailings are timed to arrive on or around April 1. Columbia and Brown both have decisions available by email and online respectively on 4/1 at 5pm.

By Monskimama (Monskimama) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 06:02 pm: Edit

catrina 866... i would stick it out. the only thing working against you is sat. doesn't wait listing make you feel worthless? haha.

By Sybbie719 (Sybbie719) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

D got an early write from Williams about 2 weeks ago

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 09:47 am: Edit

bump

By Archermom (Archermom) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

Leewong,
D applied EE and received likely last month...the official package arrived yesterday via US mail. She also received notification of engineering fellowship to Smith last week. We should beable to view decisions online today after 6 pm EST. Good luck to all!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page