All in 1 place-size of letters, online decisions, etc.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: All in 1 place-size of letters, online decisions, etc.
By Johnmayerfan (Johnmayerfan) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 06:16 pm: Edit

I just wanted to make sure I was prepared for April 1st.

Please post all schools' admissions policies that you know of (i.e. do they send a large envelope for admission? Do they send a small flat one for rejection or waitlist? Do they email you? when? Do they have an online decision page?)

Here are the ones that I know of so far;

Yale - online decision page

Princeton-sends fat letters priority mail for acceptess, small letters for everything else (still not sure if the thing is supposed to be MAILED on April 1st or ARRIVES on April 1st)

Here are the ones I need (but keep in mind that other peeps may need other schools)

Harvard (RD and EA deferrees - do they send an email like they did for EA?)

Princeton-date of letter????

Columbia-has a status page but I'm not sure if it offers decisions.......I do know they send a "PAK" to admits (saw pic on website)

Duke

Dartmouth

UPENN

Cornell-status page but do they offer decisions online?

JHU

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

harvard emails you if you indicate that you want an email (on your application). i don't think jhu does anything electronically, since my friend who applied last year never told me about emails or online status checking. didn't apply to the rest, so maybe someone else can help you on those ...

By Capy (Capy) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Columbia:
The deadline for Applications for First-Year Admission has passed. Decisions will be mailed by both mail and e-mail after 5pm on April 1.

That's what it says under "news" on the columbia admissions page.

By Gateway22 (Gateway22) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Does anyone know these stats for USC? Packet or letter? Thanks

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

USC:

Packet. On the front it will say in big letters "You're In!"

and there will be much rejoicing.

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:18 pm: Edit

to the OP about Columbia: the online status page will not show your decision, but they are very prompt in sending out the email. (I was deferred ED, decision not shown on status page, but got my email at 5:10pm)

Brown - online decisions page

Cornell - online decisions

NYU - ?
Vassar - ?

By Caliel130 (Caliel130) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

ohhh man, it is SO scary to know that at 5 pm on April 1st im gonna get rejected from Brown, Columbia and Cornell simultaneously...oh well

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

That's not so bad Caliel, I'm getting rejected by all those three you mentioned PLUS Yale on April 1st.

By Starmel (Starmel) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

Cornell gives online decisions on their status page and they also send out letters. Their acceptance letter comes in a very thin envelope.

By Tenaciouselle (Tenaciouselle) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

NYU- I don't think they do e-mail decisions. Only mail.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page