UMDCP financial package?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: UMDCP financial package?
By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:49 am: Edit

has anyone admitted to UMDCP gotten their financial package yet?

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:04 pm: Edit

No...but I'm going for a scholarship interview on Friday, which I'm thinking of sabotaging on purpose because I hate Maryland.

By Heather2786 (Heather2786) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

Well then you should cancel the interview if you have no interest in Maryland. Someone else who really wants it could be taking your place. Why should they waste their time on you?

By Silverliningd (Silverliningd) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 05:17 pm: Edit

Haha, Tropicana-- I'm also interviewing on Friday. Are you from MD?

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 12:14 pm: Edit

I can't cancel. My parents are literally forcing me to go. They said if I get into Maryland with a full scholarship, I have to go, even though I hate it. I don't think they are really being serious, especially since they like Swarthmore and Amherst, which I already got into, but I don't want to take the chance, so I'm not going to really try to present myself well at the interview.

By Pattykk (Pattykk) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:18 pm: Edit

Tropicanabanana: Did Swat and Amherst treat you well in their financial aid packages? Congratulations on your acceptances to two great schools. UMDCP isn't too shabby, either, but I understand your problem.

By Lindz0722 (Lindz0722) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 07:51 pm: Edit

I'm in-state in Maryland and have gotten between $6500 and $15,000 every year for 4 years at the other schools I've been accepted to.
Maryland gave me a one-time scholarship of $1500.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I figure it's because I'm in-state, but also I guess Maryland is a better school than most of the others I applied to.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 08:12 am: Edit

Yes. D. got $48,000 at one school. $20,000 at another and I dont think she is getting anything from MD.
They told me BOTH the GPA AND SAT have to be at a certain level to get anything. So even though her GPA is great and she got in honors..her SAT was a bit lower than required so she is out of luck.
I guess they have to have cut offs but its disappointing..
What are your stats?

By Tabmasterflash (Tabmasterflash) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 10:01 am: Edit

what are the cut offs angst?

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 10:06 am: Edit

It was 1350 for SAT..and I am not sure of GPA..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page