HOW BAD IS YOUR SENIORITIS!??!?! :*(

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: HOW BAD IS YOUR SENIORITIS!??!?! :*(
By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

On a scale of 1-10 what do you rate your senioritis? I will start, omg, I can't wait to get out of high school!!!!!!!!!! Especially after being accepted to my first choice, high school just seems pointless. I feel like everything we are learning will have absolutely have no impact on my future in college. Why should I a random fact that I will eventually forget, such as who painted blah blah in 1821? There is NO POINT! So my senioritis is on a huge exponential curve (lol) and is increasing drastically. I would give myself a 9 since I am still doing work. What do you rate yourself?

By Gillianaire (Gillianaire) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:10 am: Edit

About a 9 too. It's HORRIBLE.

By Katie000 (Katie000) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:17 am: Edit

9.5...and the work just doesn't let up. =(

By Serdu (Serdu) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

2. I still do work. I am just so sick and tired of it. I used to love my classes. *sigh*

By Katie000 (Katie000) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

Ah crap, double post.

By Emokidsunite (Emokidsunite) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

10. you don't understand how horrible it is. i had a mini breakdown yesterday because i was so tired. of everything.

but yeah, i procrastinated majorly the last few months and it's all starting to catch up...and yet i STILL don't feel like doing work.

i got a c last semester in ap eng, and i'm predicting a c this semester too, along with a few extra b's. my grades are dropping like the stock market. hopefully i can keep my provisional contract...man it would suck to get my admission status rescinded.

By Fhmamii (Fhmamii) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

on a scale of 1-10 i would be a 15. yes, a 15.

By And1hoops (And1hoops) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

definite 10 and this is only junior year,
whatever thou, already got into USC, who cares anymore

By Medlevell (Medlevell) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

i would say 8.4 for now. i think i'm doing better! a couple of weeks ago i was at my peak (around 9.6)

By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

nice and1hoops...you're so lucky you're getting out of high school early.

Ok...imagine yourself going back to your freshman year and taking another 4 high school years.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....everytime I think about it I feel glad that I'm a senior and getting out in a couple of months. So that eases my mind a bit...but I still don't do much work hahahha

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:32 am: Edit

I still study for Physics AP =).

I have 4 As, 2 Bs as of now (bound to slip).

I just have so much less to do because US Gov < Econ AP.

By Nyapplicant (Nyapplicant) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

the funny thing is i dont do •••• and my grades are barely affected. it makes me wonder how much i could have gotten away with had i never been diligent about my work. the most i'll do is copy homework from someone else the night before it's due, and if no one's around to copy it from-- oh well.

this just may be my first straight a quarter in my entire highschool career. funny how things work out, isnt it. hm mebe i test better when i have 0 strses on me? it's been 3 weeks since my backpack has entered my house.

By And1hoops (And1hoops) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

it never ends, college is different but still lots of work this lack of work ethic now is coming back to haunt me next year i can feel it

By Socaljessie (Socaljessie) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

1st semester for me was fine because I knew that the colleges I applied to would see those grades so I actually got the best grades of my life. This semester..... HA. All I need is C's to stay in those colleges I get into so I see no point in getting good grades (before I knew I needed good grades for college). I sit in class and just don't want to be there and I stare blankly at my homework for longer than I actually do it.

By Jeffyp (Jeffyp) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:37 am: Edit

im too lazy to put a number on it. that seems too much like math to me.

By Chochoad (Chochoad) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:41 am: Edit

Yea, i agree with socaljessie. I OWNED all of my classes first semester, and now im doing sooooo bad in them. I'd say my senioritis is hovering around a 7 right now, not quite a 9 or 10 because i have some motivation to do math/other activities, and no motivation to do much else (watch that change coming up next month!)

By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:47 am: Edit

It's seems like I'm not alone which is a good thing. But for UCLA I have to keep a GPA of 3.0 for the second semester courses, and its unweighted :( Anyone else here get accepted to a UC and is getting a severe case of senioritis?

By Emyh (Emyh) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

Heheh... it was like that first semester. Best grades ever, and I didn't care anymore. Now 2nd semester bit me in the ass and now I have to work my ass to pass a class required for graduation because I slacked off on a paper which apparently affected like 1/3 of my entire semester grade. *sigh*.. so I'd say I'm hovering around a 7 now, but before it was definitely a 10

By Emokidsunite (Emokidsunite) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

araesova, i got accepted to ucla.

btw, i thought that we had to maintain an unweighted 3.0 gpa that included first semester of senior year. or do they only look at second semester grades?

By Itempest (Itempest) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:58 am: Edit

I haven't changed one bit, so I'd say a 1.

But that's just my work ethic. My enjoyment of the material, I must admit, has reduced quite a bit. I eagerly await college :P

By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

hmm....emokidsunite, I hope so...you're probably correct. I never thought of that....hewwww *relief*

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

Since I got accepted ED It went from a 5-6 to a 10...the funny thing is that my grades have barely suffered. Like my GPA last semester went down from a 4.66 to a 4.61

By Crazichic98 (Crazichic98) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

10! instead of doing anything, i eat and hang around in this site

my grades sux

AP CHEM: F
BRIT LIT: B
AP GOV: F
Physio: F
AP CALC: D
Teacher's aide: A (wow that was a surprise wasn't it?!)

By Clashkev (Clashkev) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:48 am: Edit

WHa? 1-10 scale, thats more work than I had to do yesterday.

*Falls asleep*

By Eliel (Eliel) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

it was a 10!, three-four weeks ago(absent two whole weeks)!Now its like a 20! But I must pass all my classes and keep a 3.0,min gpa. So I will do the work only if I could copy it from someone and on the test get some help, yeah. I see no point of studying and paying attention to boringness like : French, Spanish or my AP Gov/Econ class,(especially since I am not taking languages in college)!The school seem extremely long... wow I dont know how I actually whent trou 4 years of high school!!!
Anyway, I need to like just get thru this and graduate and keep my admission offers...WOW, high school days are so boring!
(exuze mi mizpelingz plez)

By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

Eliel don't you need to take foreign language in college? Does anybody know if this is a requirement for UCLA?

By Emokidsunite (Emokidsunite) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:06 am: Edit

araesova, haha, i hate foreign language too. i remember looking at the ge requirements just to see if i had to waste yet another year on spanish. but i got confused... too many words. how did i ever get accepted to ucla haha.

but hopefully, unlike me, you'll have the motivation to make sense out of the list. ge reqs can be found here: http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/ge/

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:50 am: Edit

I would give myself a 8. Since get into to school of my choice and ucla. I lost all the motivation I had when I was striving for good grades for 7th semester. Now it is all over. Because I can drive, I ditch classes OCCASIONALLY. And my mom actually allow me to write the excuse note and forge her signature. Moreover, because UC's(ucsd, ucb) decision is coming out, I still feel kind of anxious that I don't feel like to study AP's. And my ap study plan is seriously delayed. I just want to get 3 A's and 3 B's for my last semester. I don't even want to go to the graduation ceremony.

By Balkanman21 (Balkanman21) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:04 am: Edit

HAHA, I love reading this stuff! I'd actually give myself about a 5, which isn't too bad and my GPA just went up from a 4.4 to a 4.5 and I'm trying a lot less :)

By Coderdeity (Coderdeity) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:09 am: Edit

I would have to say 9. Im at the point where i do just enough to get b's (not hard at a public high school). After i got my EA acceptance to MIT, i havent really felt like doing much.

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:21 am: Edit

i have about 15 absences for the year so far..lol

plus im debating whether or not to go to school today...decisions decisions

By Welshie (Welshie) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 05:06 am: Edit

8ish. I just copy the answers from the back of the practice book in Stats/Calc for homework (I've gotten A's in both classes all 3 quarters), in Econ I do the homework the day before it's due and have an A in there, English I started off really lazy and didn't do a major essay we had (turned out to be about 40% of our third quarter grade) and so now I'm fitting back from D range into C range (gotten A's on the last 5 assignments). In Physics, I haven't done my homework in a few months other than scribbling down random pictures a few times last chapter, got an 100% on that test but got screwed on today's test. In Health... yeahhh...
Even though I'm definitely slacking more than last semester my grades are about/will be the same; A,A,A,C,B vs. A,A,A,C,B,A. Ain't no thang.

-Jesse

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 05:16 am: Edit

I'm around an 8. School sucks so bad. What is it with all the teachers giving us these dumb projects?

I can't wait for Senior Skip Day!

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:15 am: Edit

I'm not going to school today...but my reasoning is my teachers have senioritis! Which sucks because I'm taking 6 AP tests and I actuallly need to do well on a few of them. But as for me, I'm not trying and I still seem to get straight As but thats probably because my teachers are too lazy to do anything. So, I give myself an 8 and my teachers a 10!

By Matth (Matth) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 08:30 am: Edit

Sounds like some of you are going to be in for a big shock when your final transcripts go out to your colleges and they see the slacking off you've done. You'll be sorry this summer when you have to tell everyone your offer's been rescinded. :)

By Najy (Najy) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:00 am: Edit

i have my slump down to a science. Go in early, 25 minutes or so, to school. Do whatever you want, read, go on the internet, etc. Then I have one class, ap english 12, first. Then I have two solid periods of study hall (known as tv studio). After that, astronomy class, which is easy for me after having already been interested in the subject.
Then AP french 5, which can be a challenge, but a B is always manageable.
Then lunch.
Then Prob/Stat, where we do absolutely nothing. It's really a joke.
Then Ap Gov which can sometimes be challenging, maintaining a B is easy enough.

That's it. What I did was balance out strong AP classes with extremely easy classes that you can do your hw in.

My best grades of all high school this past semester:
A,P,P,A,B,A,B

The two B's are French and Government.

It looks pretty doesnt it? Well for me it does, and I just never have to do any work whatsoever unless its an essay or someting.

Well, I don't know if that would help you juniors, but it helped me by allowing me to do all my hw during the easier classes.

Aloha..

By Lilskeetums17 (Lilskeetums17) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:24 am: Edit

On a scale of 1-10... an 11. I had senioritis last year, which explains why I am only taking 5 classes this year, 2 of which being joke AP classes. My only hard class is calc, and I honestly just don't care. If I get a C I will still be in to UCLA, and then I'm gone... hehe. I felt bad about it before, but now that I talk to people more about how much work I don't do, it makes me feel better. We've all worked our a**es off during high school, we deserve a break for a little while!

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:03 am: Edit

Ummm.....I'd say that I have a 9.5 on the Senioritis scale. The catch? I'm a junior...OUCH! >_<

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:29 am: Edit

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:31 am: Edit

What senioritis?

By Spacechic20 (Spacechic20) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:37 am: Edit

2- at the beginning of the second semester i slacked and had straight Bs and a C and hated that. Not my gradess are up. Its so hard to stop after working so hard for 12 years!

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:55 am: Edit

Well, If you haven't been working hard to begin with, it's pretty easy to have senioritis =)

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:07 pm: Edit

as of now i have one C, one B+, one A-, one A. This is from a girl who had never gotten anything less than an A, and would worry for days if she got an A- on a test or something. Haha, i honestly don't care anymore, but i'll try to pull that C up to a B so i won't be in danger of getting acceptances withdrawn. ahh, senioritis is great...

By Sniperhavoc (Sniperhavoc) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:20 pm: Edit

shoot dont even trip people ill grade my senioritis #10...why? u say. Cuz eversince dec or last year i would go to school bout 3-2 times a week and most of the other times ditch. I also have to go for AP classes for 1hr during my vacation time and eversince my acceptance to UCLA i havent been going. Tight huh aight then peace

By Soljaofortune (Soljaofortune) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:22 pm: Edit

hey guys i have a quick question: what do I need to not get kicked out of college after getting in lol. I'm thinking all B's what do you guys think? should i still strive for A's???

By J2thej16 (J2thej16) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:58 pm: Edit

you need a 3.0 and nothing lower than a C in any of your classes. As of now I have a 3.8.

By Soljaofortune (Soljaofortune) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

hmm ok I think I can handle that

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

0. I have had my best grades ever senior year, currently at a 3.5ish UW range. My grades for previous years were bad though.

By Jonathan0386 (Jonathan0386) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

I could say I have about a 5...just the normal...I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE? WHATS WITH ALL THE DUMB WORK? and people acting like if they are in 1st grade or so...and it has become harder for me to study and do work...but it's all good....

By Compewter (Compewter) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Oh man I'm in Canada and I'm at a 9.9. Generally us Canadians work our buts off until Midterms which are april 21. However, I have enough grade 12 courses (and high marks in them), that I already got accepted. A D+ keeps me in Canadian schools. Better believe I'm slacking.

By Araesova (Araesova) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Wow after making this thread my senioritis just stepped up to a 9.5 lol...Seeing that I am doing a little better than most people who have senioritis, I think I'm going to lay back on the work a little more lol. I have 5 AP's and a stupid keyboarding course. Im getting 4 A's and 2 B's so I guess I have more leeway now.

By Neo (Neo) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

I know what y'all mean...first semester, I got straight A's for the first time since first semester -- FRESHMAN YEAR.

Now that I'm in to my top-choice colleges, this work incentive thing isn't really working out...it seems as if my grades aren't going down, but I'm doing less and less school-wise. I mean, I wrote a novel this semester -- that's how little time I'm spending on schoolwork.

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

By Bamagirl (Bamagirl) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 07:47 pm: Edit

10! I do nothing! Today I played three complete games of Scrabble and watched Jurassic Park III. I go to a really small school and the seniors decided we wanted to have a praty to kick off Spring Break and since I go to a Catholic school we had the party today so we could eat meat. We ate for almost an hour. Then I took a nap in the senior break room. It was great!

By Donotdisturb (Donotdisturb) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

working as hard as I used to, just without too much motivation compared to the last 3 years.

By Alv (Alv) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

I am the same way. I lack passion during these long senior days yet still work on.

By Kpl263 (Kpl263) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

I need a vacation

By Oceanblue52 (Oceanblue52) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:04 pm: Edit

Wow! Its great to hear everyone complaining. Who needs highschool anyway? 95% is BS. Just waiting to get my diploma and get the hell out of here. I dont think I'm even going to graduation.

Lets see, I probably have an 8.5-9. I only have 3 hard classes(AP Govt, College Writing and AP English). I've had study halls all four years, but had not realized the value of them till second semester this year ;) I'm reading Crime and Punishment, but only because I love English and its such a fascinating book. I have given up planning out papers and essays, and have written every one this year the night before it was due. Bah, I've also brought home my backpack every day this week, but have not even looked in it (i carry C and P in my purse). Luckily, my teachers arent being TOO strict, we're just working hard to get ready for AP tests. Funny how when you relax your grades get better. As of right now I have 5 A's and 2 B's, so its all good :)

By J2thej16 (J2thej16) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

I'm getting an A in AP Calc and AP English and B in physics (senioritis in that class), but I work my but off in AP Gov and am getting a D. The tests suck and I could argue for every single one I get wrong becasue they are all true and false but most if not all are opinion!?! There is no homework, just test (yes I know thats what college is) but all the questions are questionable.

By Mical (Mical) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:12 pm: Edit

On a scale of one to sauce, my senioritis is frellin' ravioli.

By Soljaofortune (Soljaofortune) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 02:07 pm: Edit

I'm writhing in high school it sucks....i wnana get out of high school and goto college and party like amofo!

By Wo4567 (Wo4567) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

senioritis rating:
integral from 0 to 2sqrt(10) of (log base 4 of 2 to the x) dx.
it cant be that bad though... i make up random problems like that for my bc calc class to scratch their heads over. but then again thats all i do. tis fun.

By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

8/...
And it's sophomoritis for me...lol.
I'm a student graduating from a county college this May

By Smann311 (Smann311) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

okay this semester i have missed over two weeks of class... all excused, but i could have gone had i really made myself... and i've been getting by, especially in math classes by doing only what is completely necessary~ doing papers last minute as well... yes i have a severe case of senioritis, so i would say around 9-10... i fear that once those letters arrive next week, it's gonna get worse depending on the results.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:30 pm: Edit

It's not horrid, but I plan on steering this ship around. I expect some deferrals so I need to help up the sinking ship. 5

I can't wait to leave high school.

By Lilskeetums17 (Lilskeetums17) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

I've been absent at least 25 times so far this year... I was only absent once freshman year

By Akperson1 (Akperson1) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Yes being absent.. I have about 4 weeks worth this year (1.5 weeks this sem). I just turned in my paper for adult status (ability to call yourself in) so I see that number doubling right after the ap tests! (I'm sure I'll put on a week or two before as well).

By Hikaru (Hikaru) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 08:13 pm: Edit

5 I still do my work and I still worry my grade a little because I don't want to get referred. But I'm telling you I'm being lazy studying now AND all i can think about is my summer trip and graduation.

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:50 am: Edit

oh totally slacking, dont know if i'm even getting straight As right now, they are all in the B range. Also i decided not to take the AP calc test, and I've stopped doing the hw at home and started doing it minutes befroe the class starts. LOL I just want to drop all of my classes

By Penn08please (Penn08please) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:55 am: Edit

5. It sucks, I got practically straight A's for the first half of the year (which means my final averages would only be affected if I get C's in any classes)...but, I just haven't found the ability not to do my work. Oh well, only 28 days of school until community study....then class trip....then graduation....then summer...then college.

By Tom042 (Tom042) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Wow, people have low standards for what constitutes a 10 on the senioritis scale. I give myself a 9 or so, but it's really more severe than 80% of what people have called a 10 on here. Let's see, I've been failing to hold achieve my goal of 75% attendance this semester, and I've completely given up trying to fabricate any excuses for it, instead just giving my teachers advance notice of when I plan to ditch for a couple of days (unfortunately though, one of the friends whom I've been hanging out with when I ditch has had to start going to school because otherwise his chemistry teacher would fail him for having 27 absences by March 5th.) I didn't know where my backpack was for most of February because I never felt a need to look for it (although it had all of my notebooks and textbooks in it.) And the best part of it is, I'm still going to get all As and Bs, and I've set the curve on every AP Physics test we've had, despite not knowing where my textbook is and sleeping through just about every class (either at home or at my desk.)

By Araesova (Araesova) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

I agree with Tom042....and I am suspect to this. Now that I see everybody's senioritis, I say mine is more of a 7. I have and will never skip a class, I'm to pansy lol...ya I still do work unlike some people who don't and say they have a 9 like Tom042...so I demoted myself on the scale lol

By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

I'd say a 6..I might be getting a C in ap english lit. this semester and i've been threatened about not receiving my diploma because of attendance.

By Jazzykeyboard (Jazzykeyboard) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:59 pm: Edit

omg, it's HORRIBLE

i'd say 10+
i skip at least one class every day, if i even bother going to school... last week i decided to spend the day at the Woodbridge Mall...

thank goodness none of my teachers really check attendance otherwise i'd definitly be in big doodoo... heh.

my teachers don't even teach... my ap govpol teacher spends every day talking about stupid stuff... my lit teacher just puts us in the internet lab...my AP Physics teacher just talks about robotics... ARGH it's so fustrating

*If* i go to school, i've now averaged knitting one scarf a day JUST to pass the time...

I no longer do homework... not that i'd have any anyhow...

I'm not even taking any AP tests since i can't get credit or placement for anything anyhow... ARGH

i've dedicated my timeto teaching myself the guitar... and i must say, i'm getting quite good.

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

I'd say a 1 for me, coz I'm getting more serious in my courses and I'm lovin' my courses even more... No senioritis for me!

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

I'd say a 1 for me, coz I'm getting more serious in my courses and I'm lovin' my courses even more... No senioritis for me!

By Ajhayes (Ajhayes) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 09:19 pm: Edit

I stopped studying for AP Bio, AP Euro and AP Calc as much (I still study for them though), and I don't write any of my AP Lit essays until the night before. Last semester (and all the other semesters of high school) I wasn't nearly this bad. I still have mostly As (one or two Bs maybe) though! Maybe I'm just naturally smart? :)

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:09 pm: Edit

oh i forgot to rank myself, maybe a 6 cuz i only go to school half time now, 3 out of 6 classes per day

By Araesova (Araesova) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:05 am: Edit

haha, dude, Mjl86, you're not a 6, more like a 9.5 or 10. Damn, I've never ditched a day and I give myself a 7

By Limitpointska (Limitpointska) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:05 pm: Edit

i'm definitely around an 8

i tell my mother this pretty much every day:
"You can either call me out, or I'll have a truancy-either way, i'm not going to school." so she generally calls me out.

even my teachers have senioritis. this was friday:
0 period: halfway through the period, my science teacher stops lecturing and says, "i don't really want to do this anymore. do you?" resounding NO from the class. "ok, you can go."
2nd period: instead of teaching statistics, my math teacher regales us for about an hour and twenty minutes with stories of his days as a lifeguard in laguna beach.
4th period: we discuss regulatory agencies for about twenty minutes, and then we watch (i swear i am not making this up) "legally blonde 2: red white and blonde" in order to "learn about discharge petitions."

i love it.

By Thesbijean (Thesbijean) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:50 pm: Edit

I would say I am about a 5. I do my work and stuff, but about 2-3 times a week, I miss my 1st and 2nd period classes, cause I just don't feel the need to come into school that early.

By Medlevell (Medlevell) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:33 pm: Edit

I have a D- in my Calc. class...that's how bad it is!

By Tonny (Tonny) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

lol Medlevell.... i have a D+<<- plus ^_^ in my calc class hehe

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

i've never gotten a B in my life, and freaked out over A-'s before.

now, i do 1 hour of homework at home max every night. i sit online and talk to people, watch TV, sleep, go out, etc.

the only reason it's not a 10 is because i do *some* work, especially during study halls in school where theres nothing better to do.

i start copying answers from the back of my math book halfway through it, havent finished a book yet for AP English, write all papers/do all projects the night before/morning of. i have no passion for any of my classes and just want to get out.

yeahhhhh...uhhhhh 3rd quarter ends at the end of this week

i think i'm at 3 A's, 3 B's...hahaha...

44 days left of high school...

By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

I'd say I'm at an 8 now (and steadily rising). School most definately blows. Grades end this friday and I'm borderline A-B in 2 of my 3 classes, though I'm on the B end. Chances are I can pull one B up but the other .. lets just say honors physics sux!

NHS induction ceremony is tomorrow night and i absolutely am not in the mood to help conduct the ceremony. Thats what u get for runnin for an office grrrrr.

AP Calc .. my teacher is goin on a rampage! We're gonna take the AB exam and shes already testing us on every single derivative and intergal function TOMORROW. and she said we'd have tests EVERYDAY starting next monday. ahhhhh

Physics bridge is done and works! Holds over 70 pounds easily (we're maxing them out tomorow)

I picked a college. West Virginia University!! Go Mountaineers :)

And, as I now stare at my Kent State Univ. homework for my exam, my senioritis jumps up to an 8.2. I just want it all to end!!!!!

Oh, and DON'T mention the word "prom" to me. I got so many issues with it i can't take it

By Araesova (Araesova) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

PROM......lmao

By Dicky_01 (Dicky_01) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

i do all of my hw on time, except for my novel and architecture class (hate architecture), oh well, still going strong in my AP classes (bc calc, physics c, and econ; all As for them) cant wait to get out of hs!

By Copper45 (Copper45) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

8. I work over 20 hours on the weekend and am so tired by the end of it I have no motivation to do homework. Then it stacks up on me, stifling me, and I just cannot make myself do any of it.

By Bellevueteen (Bellevueteen) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

0. I've tried, but I really can't. I'm sleeping less than I did last year.

By Invisible (Invisible) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 09:18 pm: Edit

9ish to 10...you don't even want to know the details. Between work and my hospital visits, it's just easier to give up, heh.

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

AP tests are keeping me going ;)

God forbid I take Government in college!

By Deferreddude (Deferreddude) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Dang I am a 10 and yet I'm still getting straight A's.

Shows how good *cough*crappy my school is eh? I do no work and just ace the easy tests and stuff. I've been a ten since junior year. I'm quite capable of working hard when I have to though, so Dartmouth is probably gonna jumpstart my academic motivation.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

and when paying for school. hehe

By Apguy4 (Apguy4) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

I'm disappointed at the grades I'm getting now, but not caring just feels too good...

By Savedlatin (Savedlatin) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

0. I hate IB. Second semester senior year has been the worst of my high school career. And I got into my first-choice school EA, so I ought to be taking it easy!

By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Pardon my ignorance, but savedlatin, IB is an honors course right? If it is, what is the difference between that and a normal AP course. Thanks

By Apguy4 (Apguy4) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

IB is a harder and internationally recognized group of tests/courses. Similar to the AP except:

1) Harder
2) There are two levels- SL (standard level) and HL (higher level). Higher level for some subjects can be brutal as hell.
3) Most American colleges aren't as familiar with it as they are with AP and the Collegeboard so they are reluctant to grant credit to many of the tests (they screw IB kids royally).
4) You can't self-study an IB test as you can with AP. You have to go to an IB school and be taking that respective course.

By Araesova (Araesova) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

OOOO I see...thanks for clearing that up Apguy4.

By Die_Emperor_Die (Die_Emperor_Die) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 09:15 pm: Edit

My senioritis is really bad. I do most of my homework the period before it's due, or during my free period. I can't remember the last time I did homework at home. Haha. Remarkably, my grades are better than they've been ever before in HS and I feel like I'm ready to rape the AP tests. Maybe this confidence comes from knowing that I got into my "dream school".

By Lj2233 (Lj2233) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

i'll say amen to all the 7s through 10s out there! today i came home and slept. am just starting to LOOK at homework now!! i'm getting a b in history for the first time in my life. can't wait to graduate!!

By Tennisplaya518 (Tennisplaya518) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

question: do colleges see ur individual 3rd and 4th quarter grades? or just simply your final grades. cause...im mite be getting 2 C's this quarter...=(. is that enough proof to have my college take back its offer? =((( please tlel me, im scared.

By Tennisplaya518 (Tennisplaya518) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

question: do colleges see ur individual 3rd and 4th quarter grades? or just simply your final grades. cause...im mite be getting 2 C's this quarter...=(. is that enough proof to have my college take back its offer? =((( please tlel me, im scared.

By Almost_Insane (Almost_Insane) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

My senorities is horrible, probably a nine out of ten, because although I have gotten really lazy and wanted school to end, I still have that little urge to maybe try just a bit (however I use that motivation when I'm doing my homework or studying for a test the period before). Anyways right now I'm debating whether or not I should go to school tommorow. Maybe I might just go to Chicago or to the mall tommorow and just hang out over there. Sounds so interesting that maybe I'll just do it.

By Araesova (Araesova) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

tennisplaya, it depends on the system your school uses. In my school, we go by a semester system, so they will only see my semester grades. Although we do receive quarter grades, they don't go into our transcript.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page