Is this a good sign?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Is this a good sign?
By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

I havent heard my admissions decision to UCI but is it a good sign that they sent me fianancial aid stuff?

By Silentscreems16 (Silentscreems16) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Yeah, same question here... My decision is also still pending

By Ikrnxsam (Ikrnxsam) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

did you apply for financial aid? If you did, I don't think what they sent you means anything but financial aid. I dont know it could go both ways. I also heard that if you received a stay over program invite that it means you are borderline and going to be accepted? Either that or it plays a role and tests whether you are serious or not about going to UCI. Is this true?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

my status is still pending and i got that letter too.

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

From my limited experience, I believe receiving financial aid information at this stage in the game is a good sign. Think about it this way: University A receives 40,000 applications but can only accept 6,000. There isn't much point in processessing 34,000 financial applications for students who won't make it anyway. As anecdotal evidence...I received a letter from Williams requesting my FAFSA and my mother's income tax return, and a few days later, I received an Early Write acceptance letter. Perhaps my hypothesis doesn't apply to all colleges, but I'm willing to bet that it's at least some sort of indicator for some.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page