NYU tops teens' A-List

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: NYU tops teens' A-List
By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:44 am: Edit

From the NY Daily News

NYU tops on
teens' A-list

Move over, Harvard - NYU is now the No. 1 "Dream School" among college-bound students.
The Princeton Review asked 3,036 high school students where they would go to college if money and admission requirements were not an issue.

NYU came in first, followed by Harvard, Stanford and Yale, according to survey results released yesterday.

"There is such a huge draw for students to study in an urban area," said Princeton Review's Robert Franek, noting Columbia ranked sixth. "It's a very sexy topic now."

The survey was taken between August and the end of February, capturing the period when three NYU students leaped to their deaths. A fourth student killed herself last week.

NYU spokesman John Beckman said applicants are savvy enough to understand campus suicide is a national problem, and not let the recent tragedies overshadow the university's strengths.

"It's a beautiful city," said NYU senior Sally Brown, 21. "There's so much to do."

Soni Sangha and Alison Gendar

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

nice...good to know since i got an invitation yesterday...they are tied with BC for my #3 school...i love it cause there is so much chance for an internship and to study in Florence is amazing

By Easydoesitmom (Easydoesitmom) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 02:25 pm: Edit

Jolt , my brother went to NYU . I don't understand the hype about it . Don't go to a college because it's in NYC ( unless it's a a free ride all the way ) . If you get into BC , go for it .

By Macadamiamin (Macadamiamin) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 03:13 pm: Edit

That's only 3,000 kids. And I'm sure (as PR has a record of doing), the surveying is a bit skewed somehow or another in some other way.

By Meganish (Meganish) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

the olsen twins are going to attend NYU.. who wouldn't want to go there??

By Bluestar86 (Bluestar86) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

the olsen twins look like chimps with great stylists.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:41 pm: Edit

and you must be gay. The Olsen Twins are goddesses

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

i agree with bluestar..i think the olsen twins are ugly too...plus, both are taken...one has a boyfriend at columbia, the other at boston university..

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

i'm disappointed that they are fraternal twins. they don't even look alike. btw, i'm an identical twin so i care about these things

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page