NEED ADVICE ON UCLA APPEAL

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: NEED ADVICE ON UCLA APPEAL
By Satin94 (Satin94) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

I sent an appeal to UCLA. Now i realized that I forgot to mention that I had a lot of community service hours. Should I email them and tell them or send another letter...or not tell them about this at all?

By Satin94 (Satin94) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:29 pm: Edit

bump

By Funkybabe (Funkybabe) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Perhaps you should talk to your counselor about it. She could help you with your appeal and perhaps write an additional letter for you? Just my two cents...

By Satin94 (Satin94) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:04 pm: Edit

I dont think they would accept a letter from my counselor because UC's dont accept any letters of recommendation...so if I were using that they would consider it unfair to other applicants who didnt get the chance to do that

By Orbit (Orbit) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

I think funkybabe was suggesting that you talk to your counselor about what you should include in your appeal. I'm sure your counselor will know more about you than we do, so it would be better to ask for his/her advice.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Does college confidential offer appealing services? I know they offer deferral services..

By Artic (Artic) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Letters of recomendation are almost all you have for appeals. My brother got into UCSB a few years back through appealing. The system works, you just gotta know how to work it.

By Satin94 (Satin94) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

letters of rec from who? damnit, I already sent it anyhow. I guess I am screwed now.

By Daonesteven (Daonesteven) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

wait are people sending in appeals already?? crap i was planning to do it next weekend and that might be too late -_-

satin what did u include in ur appeal? im not sure if i have much to write other than how my friend and i had almost identical stats and he got in and i didn't...and some other stuff more i guess..

By Satin94 (Satin94) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:49 am: Edit

I talked to my counselor. Don't do an appeal. They rarely work. Everyone writes the same stuff and its a waste of time. I'm not doing one anymore..plus I think they notify other UC's about it or something. Its risky.

By Sushih777 (Sushih777) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 03:06 am: Edit

appeals are seen by the other UC campuses?

By Roh (Roh) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:19 pm: Edit

satin94

appeals are not a waste of time!
what you people should do when you write an appeal is to talk about stuff that other people don't mention about (i know, that's a really hard thing to do if you have nothing to talk about).
in other words, you want to try to "stand out" apart from other appeal applicants.

By Aaaamy (Aaaamy) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

i just appealed to ucla and was wondering if anyone else who appealed has heard from ucla yet.

what are the chances that the appeal will be succesful?

when does ucla send out their decisions? I WANT TO KNOW NOW! :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page