UCDAVIS OWNED ME

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: UCDAVIS OWNED ME
By Daonesteven (Daonesteven) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:43 pm: Edit

omg, did anybody get an email saying somethign like, congratulations steven, you have been accepted to davis for fall04 as a regent scholar, blahblah, AND THEN YOU GET ANOTHER "CORRECTED" EMAIL SAYING THAT THE REGENT SCHOLARSHIP NOTIFICATION WAS AN ERROR AND IT SAYS TO TAKE THE FOLLOWING AS THE CORRECT EMAIL:
congratulations steven, you have been accepted to davis as a fall04........BLANK.

UHHHH this is the kind of reason why i dont want to go to davis...

By Leener (Leener) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

The same thing happened to me! Right after I saw your post, I checked my email, cause on another post we thought it was weird that the website didnt mention our regents. How dare they dangle the scholarships in front of us like that and then take them away?!? THey're playing with our minds!!

Ok well...I wasn't planning on going to Davis anyways. It was my safety, but maybe I'd consider it w/a scholarship. Anyways UCLA >>> Davis for SURE.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

Someone else was saying this happened to them - look under the UCD acceptance thread. Obviously, they screwed up something in their system big time. I'd have your GC call just to verify which letter is correct.

By Emokidsunite (Emokidsunite) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

got the same thing daonesteven. i LOVE how we're so important to them that they take such careful precautions to make sure they don't make stupid mistakes...

you know, it was funny, i was actually seriously considering attending ucd when i thought i got the scholarship, cause i thought i would be able to save money, and davis is actually a pretty good school. but seeing as how they made such a major screw-up, i think i'll stick to ucla.

haha, i'm majorly bitter. it's just inconsiderate to make such a senseless error.

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Yeahhhhh. F UCDAVis. I was so happy that i got that regent scholarship for 6k...then it just said that they made a mistake. Wow...what the hell.

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Yeahhhhh. F UCDAVis. I was so happy that i got that regent scholarship for 6k...then it just said that they made a mistake. Wow...what the hell.

Ironically, they are so into having so much securtiy in their account systems, and they slip up on something like this.

By Tonny (Tonny) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

OMG SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME... -_- WHAT A HORRIBLE DAY!!!.... first i get rejected from UCLA n then i get rejected from cal poly slo(w).... now i get my regent scholarship taken away... my gosh what have i done wrong... to get my butt kicked liked this... sheesh..... i got kicked twice while it was down.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Talk about bad luck, Karma man. Karma. Go do something good to make amends...lol.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

savedbytehbell, can you IM me..

By Srilanka12 (Srilanka12) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

hey guys i got accepted but they didnt mention a scholarship thing...so could it be a mistake that i got accepted since theres so many erros with their system?

By Badreception (Badreception) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

ey srilanka
CALM YOUR ASS DOWN. I KNOW YOU WERE GONNA GET IN...

you deserve it man!!!!

mata baya annui!

amanka

By Kellygirl (Kellygirl) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

I received the "regents scholarship" email as well, and just checked my email again and got the "corrected" email. I was seriously considering UCDavis with the regents, but I guess not anymore..

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Somebody is getting fired

By L_J (L_J) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

not without a fair and impartial hearing to assertain the facts and determine responsibility......and then probably a mark on their record.....

By Coureur (Coureur) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

This is the second big admissions screw up UC Davis has done in the past few years. 2 or 3 years ago they actually sent acceptance letters to a couple of hundred students who were meant to be rejected and then had to turn around take it back and reject them. There were lawsuits over that - some of them sued to be allowed in like the first letter said (they lost).

It particularly pains me to see these fouls-ups since I am a UC Davis alumnus.

By Surferdude (Surferdude) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

I got the same thing...was so excited casue I just got another scholarship letterf rom another school..I was there!!!! at Davis with the Regents...4 hours later after all the excitement get the email that they want you to disregard!!!! the schaolarship took the air out for sure... called up there and I guess major screw up... like about 150 kids got the same notification and the same tacky followup!

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:07 pm: Edit

Somebody copy and paste the follow up email. I wanna see their rhetoric. heh

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

When is the correction mail dated??? I got my regent scholar but I think I will be notified as well.

By Surferdude (Surferdude) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Please disregard the first email you received from UC Davis concerning your admission and Regents Scholarship status. The Regents
Scholarship offer was made in error. Accept the following message as your official notice of admission:

By Shopmom (Shopmom) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

Official Davis apology online at their site now.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page