NYU Mailings

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: NYU Mailings
By Die_Emperor_Die (Die_Emperor_Die) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:50 pm: Edit

So I read that all these people are getting invitations to go to NYU events. I live in California, and I recieved no such invitation. I did, however, get stuff in the mail about Parent's News and Studying Abroad and stuff. Does this mean that I'm rejected, or that I didn't receive one because I live so far away?

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 02:53 pm: Edit

I live in Cali and I got the same stuff. Other people I know didn't get anything. It may be good? I doubt they would invite west coast people to stuff in NYC, I can't afford to be flying across the country for every event.

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Oh wait... it says here "Receiving these only means that you applied. It does not indicate anything about a possible admissions decision."

Hmm... I wonder why they didn't send one to everyone?

By Matth (Matth) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:21 pm: Edit

I know kids in Texas and Washington state who received the invitations so I don't think it has anything to do with the distance you are from NYC. The admissions office said that there will be lots of these events in the next month or so, so it doesn't necessarily mean you were rejected if you didn't get the invite.

By Shhh (Shhh) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I live in Florida and got a weekend at the square invitation. Maybe it takes longer to travel to Cali. I got mines yesterday which is late compared to most people.

By Xerxez57 (Xerxez57) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Really? I live in New York City and I received nothing from NYU. Some kids got in already through regular.

By Capy (Capy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I live in CA and I got an invite to the Sunday at the Square

By Momx4 (Momx4) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

D has not gotten any invitations to Sunday or Weekend at the Square, although she has stats well above NYU's middle 50%, excellent recs and EC's and also her dad is a prof at NYU. I don't think *not* getting an invite has any bearing on whether or not a student will be admitted or rejected. My guess is that the adcom selected a group of students that NYU feels are likely to get into more prestigious schools, such as the Ivies, and is trying to lure them to NYU by inviting them to special events

By Shhh (Shhh) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

I doubt that Mom, i have a 1250 sat scores, taking "easy" courses this year, and no leadership positions. Perhaps D will get his invite later...or maybe there was soemthing wrong with his application, like a depressing essay.

or maybe because his dad works at nyu, they assumed he didnt need convincing.

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Capy: When did you get your invite? I'm wondering how long it takes mail to get to California from NYC. I'm going to be camping outside my mailbox this week...

By Chen (Chen) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

I applied, and I didn't even get these recent issues of Parents' News and studying abroad info....grr, I wonder what that means? (in addition to no invite, of course)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page