Cal Poly SLO Website no status

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Cal Poly SLO Website no status
By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

Up until today the status of my DS applications was pending. Today we checked and it now has his 1st and 2nd choice major on the left and some information regarding housing etc.. on the right. Also a statement on the left for more information contact .... What does this mean? He tried contacting admissions today but they were closed. Anyone else run into this? Should we prepare for a rejection letter?

By Srilanka12 (Srilanka12) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

i got the same thing...IM SCARED

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:01 am: Edit

Me too.... I think the time has come to give up hope. think (hope) that they would have the common sense to put a "you suck and we don't want you" msg on there so I would not have to call them and ask what is going on.

Lets just hope it means we are in, but I wouldn't be supprised if it is the end.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:04 am: Edit

I don't think they would have info about housing unless you're in...that would be some kind of twisted taunting, wouldn't it?

By Tonny (Tonny) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:10 am: Edit

OMG! I got the same thing too and I am just wondering if its a good sign, or a bad one... =XXX *shudders* i already got rejected from UCLA =\

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:21 am: Edit

The housing thing was always there. It is not in the app status window, it is one of the three on the side right?

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:39 am: Edit

Come on, guys. Relax. I just got accepted to UCLA but my admission decision for calpoly is still pending.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 02:38 pm: Edit

I think we all got rejected, because the same thing happenned to me and i have a 3.3

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:48 pm: Edit

I have a 3.5 and respectible test scores... too bad they dont recognise the sat2

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Bump
Does any1 know anything about this yet? Anybody call or email?I need some closure.

By Reverie (Reverie) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

Same here. I get the same phone number.

I don't know what this means.. but I'm actually missing the little "Status Pending" notice.

By Tonny (Tonny) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

HAHA Reverie, seriously im missing that status too..... GIMME BACK MY PENDING!

By Artic (Artic) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

I think they took it away from all of them. If it isn't pending, then why do they take their sweet time to send a rejection/acceptance letter? That is the real question

By Tonny (Tonny) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

bump (trying to keep this alive till tomorrow, when we are allowed to call)

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit

What are your stats?

By Krayzie83 (Krayzie83) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

i hope we didn't get rejected

By Artic (Artic) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

Seeing as how all of us (including mostly the ones with less than perfect scores) have that msg, I am willing to put money on it that there is a fat lady singing somwhere. I hope not, but I don't have much faith

By Tonny (Tonny) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

REJECTED! omg.... they actually reject people over the phone.... what the hell is that -_-; and my friend how has a lower gpa and EC and everything actually got in... life is unfair

By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

My son called today and they couldn't give him his status, only whether or not they had his application. They said they would be sending letters out this Thurs/Friday. Doesn't sound too promising does it?

By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

My son called today and they couldn't give him his status, only whether or not they had his application. They said they would be sending letters out this Thurs/Friday. Doesn't sound too promising does it?

By Krayzie83 (Krayzie83) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

I'm sorry to hear that Tonny, I hope I do not meet the same fate. I really want to go back to Cali and go to school but if I get rejected im staying over here in Chicago till I can transfer in.

By Krayzie83 (Krayzie83) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

I'm sorry to hear that Tonny, I hope I do not meet the same fate. I really want to go back to Cali and go to school but if I get rejected im staying over here in Chicago till I can transfer in.

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Tony, what are your stats>/?

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

what are your stats tony?

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

By Djsam2004 (Djsam2004) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Wow, sorry, computer completely f'd up.

By Tonny (Tonny) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

UCGPA = 3.95 (weighted)
GPA: 3.802
Sat 1: 1010 <- that prob killed me
Sat II: iono around 550 for everything =\ <-- that too
EC (too bad these dont count):
VP of California Scholarship Fed. (senior year)
PR for csf for 2 years (soph and junior)
Treasurer of the National Honor Society (NHS)
Secretary of NHS (junior year)
Captain of the Boys tennis team for 2 years
Billion hours of services?

By Krayzie83 (Krayzie83) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

wow if u didnt get in im pretty sure i didnt get in... im like 1000 times worse

By Reverie (Reverie) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

They actually decline over the phone?

How did that sound?

Operator: Hold on, let me check.
Caller: ...
Operator ... ooh, you weren't accepted. Sorry.
Operator: Best of luck. Bye.

=|

All in jest though. Where else are your prospective schools, Tonny?

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Haha, i thought that was pretty funny dude.

Operator: ...
Caller : .... ....
Operator: ...harumph
Caller: ... ... ...
Operator: uhhhh I gotta go now
Caller: ...............................
*click*

By Tonny (Tonny) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:10 am: Edit

OMG Reverie THATS EXACTLY what they said! It was pretty sad, i had to get a phone card so that i didnt get billed for long distance. I called during my lunch time at school thinking that i was going to be accepted, because i mean what school actually makes students call in just so they can reject them over the phone, right? Well apparently Cal Poly SLO does -_-' I was furious because just a few hours before i called i was talking to my teacher asking him what he thought about the "further action" status and he said oh! they are either asking for more information or telling you that your accepted. "Schools never reject students over the phone, its just not right" as he said. #$!$!$!@$!@!@!@@@@@@ gawd.... im still angry... anways

Accepted:

Cal Poly Pomona - Accepted
UC Davis - Accepted ( i also got the REGENT scholarship taken away due to a computer error) -_-'

Pending:

UCSD - Pending.
UC Berkeley - Pending...

Confused:
UCI - accepted thru ELC, but status still say Pending.

Rejected:

UCLA - Rejected... meh
Cal Poly SLO - Rejected over the phone

so yeah.... im not feeling to "hot" right now.... im angry, sad, worried, and depressed...

By Veryproudmom (Veryproudmom) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:52 am: Edit

DS called yesterday and was also rejected over the phone. He is really upset as this was his #1 choice. My heart aches for him. Whoever says being a Mom was easy is crazy! These past few months have been agonizing! It looks like he'll be going out of state - Virg. Tech (anxiously awaiting a response), Univ. of Nebraska - accepted. Good luck to all of you!

By Themightythumb (Themightythumb) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 03:19 am: Edit

so does this mean we're doomed? has anyone called and get accepted? im so scared, things are so not going my way right now.

By Roh (Roh) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 03:42 am: Edit

yes i think we are doomed.
i mean, for the people that still haven't received anything yet.

By Themightythumb (Themightythumb) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 03:48 am: Edit

*plays the saddest song on the smallest violin in the world*

By Themightythumb (Themightythumb) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 10:05 am: Edit

bump

By Briangrapes (Briangrapes) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

Looks like we didn't get in (those of us whose status disappeared). My rejection letter came in the mail today.

Oh well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page