|By Devang17 (Devang17) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 01:22 pm: Edit|
hey im an int student from india i wanted ppl to evaluate my stats cause i really want to know where i stand thanks
here they are
sat 1290(m710 v 580)
sat2 writting 600 bio 600 match 1c 750
also house monitor
ecs- varsity soccer four years (captain 2 years)
state level soccer 4 yrs (captain 2 years)
also called up to play for the country but didnt go due to exams
cricket varsity 4 years (captain one year)
Shot put 3rd in nationals and many more awards at shot put
rugby state level and varsity
bball varsity and district level
started my own social service group
done a few model uniter nations
my grades arent very good but average in top 50%
got one e in hindi
im paying full
ucberkley, ucla, ucsd, indiana, umich, uta,babson, bu,nyu, upenn, uva, usc
and good recs and average essays
|By Skulkarni1 (Skulkarni1) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 07:37 am: Edit|
wow you have a ton of ECS! where in india do you live? my parents are from india- we go to visit relatives a lot, and none of my cousins have your kind of extra curriculurs!
ok sry to answer your question:
1. berkeley is a far reach. berkeley is a really competitive school- they are infamous for accepting very very few people out of state- so international is probably even harder, i'd assume? not sure though
2. don't know about ucsd
3. you'd probably get into indianna
4. umich...you have an ok shot
5. Uta and babson have never heard of them so can't answer
6. bu...probably not....possible though
7. NYU, you probably could get in because they are a school known for looking at extra curriculars a lot more than other schools... and they are a really, really diverse school so i'm sure they have a high international acceptance rate
8. uppenn and uva are probably nots. uppen is an ivy league school- to get into it you would need to be in the top 10 percent atleast. UVA is ranked equivalently to berkeley, and UMICH is just below them (but bareley).
9. usc- i don't know anything about it so i wouldn't be able to help you.
i'd say your best shots are at indiana and NYU.....
good luck!! and don't take anything i say completely a hundred percent for sure simply because this is only my opinion based on what i know about colleges- and i a myself am in 11th grade, so i am learning in this college process as well! good luck, and i hope you'll be in the US soon!
|By Devang17 (Devang17) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:34 am: Edit|
i just hope i get in any of these places and i am happy
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|