From a 2003 graduate

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: From a 2003 graduate
By Stanfordalumnus (Stanfordalumnus) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 02:37 pm: Edit

When I'm bored I sometimes go on this website to see how high school seniors perceive Stanford. I just graduated in 2003 and I can tell you all that Stanford is the most unbelievable academic institution in the world as well as an amazing place to be for four years. Most of what people say on this Web site is uninformed high school hearsay/speculation. If anyone has any questions about Stanford I'd be happy to answer them. I know all aspects of Stanford (ie. academics, social scene, athletics, research, etc.) very well, and there is not a single thing that's disappointing.

By Meganish (Meganish) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

what can you say about the economics department?

By Stanfordalumnus (Stanfordalumnus) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

I wasn't an econ major but I know dozens of people who were. I know that econ at Stanford is as good as it gets.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Wouldn't your opinion be biased, especially with such claims as "Stanford is the most unbelievable academic institution in the world?"

That aside, congrats on graduating and even attending such a fine institution.

-Jesse

By Efilsiertaeht (Efilsiertaeht) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

Jesse- maybe it is. Stanford alumni would know better than you, wouldn't they, having gone there?

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 08:41 pm: Edit

In support of Jesse....A stanford Alumni would know better than her, because they've gone to so many different schools....and KNOW it's the best...riight ;).

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 08:41 pm: Edit

Stanford was awesome...then their basketball team lost

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

^^^ hahahaha

and St. Joe's lost tonight as well...what a horrible way top end 2 undefeated streaks...

By Stanfordalumnus (Stanfordalumnus) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

jess, i am totally biased. thats what happens when you have a great college experience somewhere.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page