A good sign from Boston University???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: A good sign from Boston University???
By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Just received this e-mail from BU: Think it's a good sign, or just an e-mail sent to all applicants, (it is personalized though)? Could it even be a bad sign??? From your experience and expert knowledge (haha) what can you tell me?

-------------------------------------------

Dear Miss Haughton,

Thank you for applying to Boston University and for creating a BU Web Account.

We strongly encourage you to continue to log into your BU Web Account, which you can access at our website
http://www.bu.edu/applicantlink. From this site, you can
check the status of your application, confirm that we have
received all required credentials, and verify your personal
data. Once admissions decisions are posted, you will also be able to use this site to view your decision.

I invite you to contact my office if you have any questions.
We can be reached by phone at 617-353-2300 or by e-mail at admissions@bu.edu.

You have my best wishes for success.

Sincerely,

Kelly A. Walter
Executive Director

---------------------------------------

Any thoughts?

By 31337 (31337) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:46 pm: Edit

I got the same e-mail so I think it's sent to everybody...

By Sopranosweety6 (Sopranosweety6) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:11 pm: Edit

Yeah, sorry to tell you but its sent to everyone.

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:22 pm: Edit

I got it too. I also got it 3 months ago.

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:30 pm: Edit

hahaha ahhh well.

I thought it was a bit late on in the application/admissions process to be sending me such an email. bizarre! but then again, i only got my USC confirmation of received application last week!

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 07:12 pm: Edit

i got a second email from them today, i got that one months and months ago, and one saying to check the website for decision info.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Yea I just got that e-mail too. Whats really weird is that I signed up for that account like months ago.... And it's weird, cuz I went back into my inbox and already had another e-mail a few months ago confirming my application. I guess this would be confirmimg the account? Heh.

By Northrams (Northrams) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

of all the crazy ideas- you think a "personalized" email means anything whatsoever? Most preliminary letters you get mass mailed from colleges are "personalized," and those cost money to send! Email is free, with no cost to sender in terms of ink, paper, or postage, and programs easily insert applicants name. take a deep breath and just wait for the decision to come, and stop looking into things. i swear i wouldnt be surprised if i read a post on CC saying "my horoscope predicted good news today, does that mean im accepted?" jeez.

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Alright, alright... I was just checking. BU isn't even in my top three, I was just curious. Sorry.

By Northrams (Northrams) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

sorry if i came off a bit insulting, i was really just venting about these sort of posts, as there are a large number of them- nothing personal.

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

No it's ok. i totally know what you mean.

But seriously, my horoscope today did suggest that I may be receiving good news this week.... what do u think? I'm in at Yale right? ;)

By Culovv (Culovv) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 06:34 pm: Edit

I believe that is a likely letter.

By Godis (Godis) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

that's nothing short of an acceptance letter.

By Pistolpete (Pistolpete) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 07:13 pm: Edit

sarcasm noted ;)

By Northrams (Northrams) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 07:28 pm: Edit

lol send in the deposit

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

Wow, Northrams, that was pretty blunt.

By Northrams (Northrams) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

i assume your referring to my original statement, not the comment on her sending in a deposit, as that was a joke. true it was blunt, but i doubt anyone could argue that some people (a disproportionally large number) on CC are a tad "high strung" about college acceptance. i dont mean to insult anyone specifically, it was meant more as a somewhat derisive humorous statement. nothing im sure most people cant handle, judging by H0neymoon's jocular response.

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

You know what actually..... if I could, I'd take everyone on this board out for a huge party here in London, get you tipsy, have a great time, and most importantly... chill out and lighten up. There is too much hostility around here at the moment and it's really putting a downer on things. So I was a retard for asking whether an innocent email from BU meant anything... I appologise. But I feel that alot of people around here, (not this particular post), are out to correct in an "i'm more superior to you manner", rather than offer guidance, advice, or support. Noone on here is any better than anyone else. We are all in the same boat.

And that's all I have to say about that.

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

don't worry honeymoon, i think that everyone reads into stuff that they receive, even if they know it's just a mass-mailing. it's just hope, i guess. oh yeah, i would love to take up your london offer!

By Northrams (Northrams) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

ill fly over if you cover airfare, not much happening here this weekend

By Devang17 (Devang17) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:51 am: Edit

ppl seriously does everone thoink its sent to every one cause i do know of ppl who havent got it....
so............

By Nyapplicant (Nyapplicant) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit

k i got it

i forget my info... i tried my email addy, my main login for most things, and my ssn. anyone remember if they gave specific logins?

By Najy (Najy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:18 pm: Edit

the login is your email addy...the pw is whicever one you chose. you should be able to change it if you originally entered a valid email addy

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

My sister is graduating from Warwick this July so my parents will be in England. I don't think I can go, though. Sigh...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page