USC Acceptances Round 3

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: USC Acceptances Round 3
By Bck118 (Bck118) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Is there going to be another round of SC acceptances this week? I really can't wait!

I talked to my college counselour today and she said that USC admissions said that they were going to call her March 15th and discuss the remaining students that haven't been notified by then. What does this mean? Is this the deciding factor for those on the border?

Ne ways this might just be unique for my school because we have alot of USC applicants (40).

Keep us all posted on the latest USC acceptances!

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

I haven't gotten an acceptance/rejection yet, but today in the mail i got an invitation from the School of Theatre for an Open House and performance on April 3. I called them up and asked if everyone who auditioned received this, and she said that only the most "highly potential" applicants received this, and that i should be getting an official letter in the mail soon, but she can't "guarantee" me anything over the phone, but "i'm probably in".
Anybody else who applied to School of Theatre get this? I really don't want to get too excited and just be disappointed...but, the way the girl talked, this is a good sign. I'm wondering if she was just being nice...or...

By Emyh (Emyh) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Bck, keep us updated. I think only about 3 kids from my school (out of 800) applied to USC. Most of the kids in my school tend to stay in-state, and if they do venture out of state it's usually around the South...

I'm holding my breath! If the 15th is any indication, I would almost dare to guess that batch 3 goes out today (or at least in the next few remaining days)! Gahh and UCLA is this Friday... I almost wish my spring break isn't next week! It's definitely gonna make or break my spring break.

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

bring up this post

By Usctrojan34 (Usctrojan34) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Wait, so your HS (or college or whatever) counselor told u that SC was gunna be calling them to discuss students possibly on the boarderline? Ive never heard of that before but I havent received notifcation yet either......and if they are talking to counselors, I have an excellent relationship with mine so hopefully that would work in my favor if they were to call :-)

Hey....were either of u requested to send in a midyear form? I hope to God we find out sometime this week too.....do u think batch 3 will also contain rejections?

By Emyh (Emyh) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 11:20 pm: Edit

I got a mid-year request & a verification letter. My guess is that batch 3 will probably contain rejections. I was looking through the PR board looking for some stuff to pertaining to USC and there was a post by a student who claims he workis in the admissions office. He said there is still a lot of processing going on, esp. w/ transcripts & recommendations that did not have barcodes on them. There was a kid too saying he got rejected (presumably from batch 2). So... I guess take from that what you will. :/

By Bck118 (Bck118) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 12:06 am: Edit

As I said my situation with USC calling my counselour Mar. 15th to discuss the remaining applicants may not apply to all schools, my school is a smaller private school like 15mins from USC and we had like 16 or 17 people go there last year and about 40 applying for this year. So it might just be something particular to the private schools or major "feeder" schools around USC in the LA area.

I actually am not sure if they requested my 7th semester grades b/c USC emailed my counselours asking for specific people's grades and we were not notified personally if our midsemester grades were requested.

Also out of the 40 that applied at my school there were like 8-10 that got accepted the second round (Mar. 3rd-ish, last week) and not one rejection letter, so i don't think that any rejections have gone out yet. I also didn't hear of any rejections from my friends at other schools, only acceptances.

By Mtokao (Mtokao) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:20 am: Edit

Unibrow - My d also rec'd an invitation from the school of theatre for the open house, etc. We are wondering what it means as well...Did you RSVP? It feels odd to do so when not formally admitted to the school...Oh, she was also asked for mid-year grades, as well as the other name verification forms...Good luck to all who are waiting :)

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

Have any internationals heard from USC yet??? I'm in London and still awaiting some form of response.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:52 pm: Edit

HAHA Sweet. My stuff didn't have bar codes so that may explain why I haven't heard anything except for a verification form.

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:08 pm: Edit

oohhh neither did mine..... but does that actually make a difference?

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Mtokao,
you're right, it does seem weird to RSVP to something so uncertain. I would find it cruel for them to invite you all the way to California, to take workshops, meet the faculty, and watch a performance, JUST to be rejected.
I have another college audition on April 2, so...I don't know if I'll be able to make the Open House. ugh! If i just knew for CERTAIN what my status is, I would go ahead and cancel my audition (that is...if my status is good)

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 08:41 pm: Edit

Oh, and I was requested to send in Mid year grades about a week ago. My grades were good, so...I hope this will tip the deciding factor in my favor.
Anybody else know anything about this Open House invitation? Is it a clear indication of an acceptance?

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:17 am: Edit

Stupid barcodes...I don't think that any of my midyear grades or my transcripts were sent with barcodes, even though I asked and asked and asked the office to put them on. Other people had the same problem. Even though I know it will never happen, I'm freakishly paranoid that someone will end up with my grades in THEIR file and will get in. Hey, 21 people with my name applied to that school...you never know ;).

By Gillianaire (Gillianaire) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:28 am: Edit

Wow, you must have a REALLY common name!

By Unibrow (Unibrow) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

Please, if anyone knows about the significance of these Open House letters, please share the info!
Are Open House invitations in general a very good sign?? This is driving me crazy not having anything OFFICIAL yet...I can't wait any longer!

By Emyh (Emyh) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

No decision on my application yet. I must be borderline. I'll be probably receiving my notification in late March. I think I'm pissing off the USC office, calling them so much. Looks like UCLA will be the first school I hear from.

By Oreolard (Oreolard) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 05:28 am: Edit

I sent in my application on Dec. 10th and I got my acceptance letter on March 2.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page