Are you feeling WORTHLESS too...?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Are you feeling WORTHLESS too...?
By Upandover (Upandover) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

I haven't got any likely letters nor any acceptance offers yet.
Does anyone feel the same way?

By Roxychick776 (Roxychick776) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

yes.

By Caparanoia (Caparanoia) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

I do too, except I got into UCR and CSULB but they are nothing to be too proud about.

By Incubus1 (Incubus1) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Same here. Waiting another month is excruciating. I just hope that those letters don't come back with the "we are sorry to announce that you have not been accepted to so and so university" bit.

By Najy (Najy) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

caparanoia: getting into college is something to be proud of regardless.

By Whzup44412 (Whzup44412) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:17 am: Edit

I'm not. I got into University of Pittsburgh. There is absolutely no way that I want to go there, but I feel accomplished. Pitt doesn't accept everyone, they selected me (for Honors and a Tuition scholarship) and they've been sending a shitload of mailing to me (probably 2-3 a week).

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

I got into SUNY Binghamton, supposedly the Ivy of the SUNYs and a pretty decent state school.

Oh yeah, I'm still depressed.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:07 pm: Edit

I say, enough of your feeling worthless and whatnot... Wait a couple of weeks and see where you get in.

By Meow (Meow) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

Agreed. A lot of schools haven't sent out RD admissions yet.

If you are getting admissions notices from schools of a lower quality than you want to attend, it means you were smart in the admissions process. You applied to a diverse cross-section of schools including some dream schools and some safeties. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Withing the next two weeks, I'll be getting three (and possibly four) admission decisions! Oh My God!

There's no reason to feel worthless and depressed guys. Look on the bright side. Spring is in the air and we'll be out of high school in two months!!!

By Jae (Jae) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Same here Winterfresh. Actually, it's more like within the next 3 weeks for me. Can't believe we're graduating in 2 months - YeeeeeHaaaaa!

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

I was depressed when I got deferred to NEU, but I just go an acceptance letter today. So, guys/gals, don't be depressed because an acceptance letter might creep up on you and you'll feel the glee and joy of being accepted.

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 03:22 pm: Edit

I got into all the CSUs I applied to, which isn't really saying much. Does anyone know if NYU sends likely letters?

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

I have 6 schools to hear from, 5 which will be April 1st. I am freaking out.

By Jennyzsong (Jennyzsong) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

i have a feeling i won't get into any schools at all, i don't have any real safeties! :|

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:22 am: Edit

Aww Jenny, don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere.

By Thesbijean (Thesbijean) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:51 am: Edit

NYU doesn't send likely letters.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page