In at Tulane

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: In at Tulane
By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Got the big envelope yesterday . Was my safety - though I might seriously consider it... package enclosed said in large writing "No Need to Bring Winter Clothes..." good southern warm weather is always a plus - but acceptances are definitely uplifting. Anyone else in?

By Najy (Najy) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

A friend of mine got in. I really hope you drink...otherwise you won't have fun.

By Churchill (Churchill) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

haha!! i got rejected from tulane... well actually i didnt even fill out most of the application, but they sent me the thin-envolope anyway. well its my very first rejection so far, before i was three for three... its okay i'll get over it. congrats to you though... new orleans is a fun place, unlike the new england small town that i'll be going come this fall.

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

churchill:

where have you gotten in? where are you going?

Luuv: where else did you apply?

By Claybellinger (Claybellinger) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

I'm in, but I'm not going. I'm not immensely interested in drinking (and I feel I have other, more sensible options).

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:41 am: Edit

what are the other options?

is drinking the only thing detering you from tulane? details?

By Najy (Najy) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:08 am: Edit

you can always just pretend that theres Jack in that coke.

By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:57 am: Edit

Argilopsychi: Tulane was the most oddball choice on my list. I applied to mostly women's colleges (3 of the seven sisters) and UC's. I do think Tulane is a great school. The immense amount of drinking sort of deters me from wanting to go there (although I like crazy social environments). Ultimately, I just didn't apply on time for any of the scholarship deadlines, and the biggest reason for not going would be $$, and the academics doesn't seem worth all the money without good aid and scholarships. We'll see when all the financial aid offers come. Good luck to you all!

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

there's only one scholarship you apply for, the Deans. You are considered for all the others automatically in the admissions process

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

"Are you in?"

"You are in!"

Haha I got a laugh out of that...

By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

Hehe... I thought it would have been hilarious if it was a large envelope with "Are you In?" and then inside, large letters, "Haha, no sucker!" (Definitely saved the envelope for my amusement)

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 01:20 am: Edit

oh god that would be the most horible thing EVER.
I think you'd have high school seniors everywhere go into shock. i can see the law suits for extreme emotional distress already....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page