Rejection letter

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Rejection letter
By Vlad (Vlad) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Dear student,

We are delighted to deny you admission to our University. Your grades and standardized test scores are more then just poor, they are absolutely horrible. The way you presented yourself in your application clearly shows us that you are not the kind of applicant that we are looking for and we would be lucky not to have you on board.

We know that you must feel a little disappointed right now and thatís why we wont you to know one thing. YOU ARE NOT A GREAT APPLICANT AND THATíS WHY YOU ARE RECEAVING THIS REJECTION LETTER.

We wish you no luck with your other applications. We sincerely hope that you will not get admitted to any other University.

Weíve enclosed our information bulletin with this letter, so that you can see what youíll be missing this year.

Thank you for wasting our time with your application.

Have a nice life and never bother us again.

Sincerely,

Dean of Admissions

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:27 pm: Edit

wow he used the wrong form of "than"

must be a pretty crappy university

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:54 pm: Edit

If only rejection letters were so honest...they completely bs and say something along the lines of, "You were a great applicant, but we only have so many seats...blah, blah, blah...We wish you all the best...blah, blah, blah..."

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:41 pm: Edit

"wow he used the wrong form of "than" "

people on this board just cant help correcting spelling errors, even in jest.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

I was saying that the University must really suck if they can't even send rejection letters without typos...

nice try though

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

and at the end of the letter it should say...

P.S. Thanks for the $50

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

LOL...What a way to rile someone up!

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

"and at the end of the letter it should say...

P.S. Thanks for the $50"

Hahahhaa

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:47 pm: Edit

hehehe

I hate my rejection letter. Kinda jams a knife in your heart, sorta.

By Daggerlee (Daggerlee) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

My friends and I were coming up with mean ways to reject people.

I was thinking that M.I.T. might send a postcard with a giant X in a circle on it, which is the same sign used to reject answers in math. Only M.I.T.

My friend had the best, though. Have the college send a postcard with a beautiful picture of the college, with "WISH YOU WERE HERE" emblazoned on it. OUCH!

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

Yeah, double-ouch!

By Jolt21 (Jolt21) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

i am actually pulling this prank on some of my friends...me and another friend are going to get the school logos of a bunch of different schools, print them out on envelopes, then make official-looking letterheads and write up fake acceptance/rejection letters from places like Cornell, Harved, UCB, and otehr places..we are evn going to send them out in real mail so they are postmarked and stuff (from our city of course, but kids won't recognize that a letter from harvard was sent from Coral Springs, FL)..i can't wait! (we are even going as low as to make the letter from UCB on blue paper..like their letters really are)

By Vlad (Vlad) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately I canít edit my previous post.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:34 pm: Edit

Too cruel Jolt :-b

...me likey

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

I can just see it.... headlining on CNN... "Teen with bright future commits suicide after receiving fake Harvard rejection letter".... wouldn't be so funny then.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

I don't think anyone takes college that seriously lol

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

if they did, they obviously don't have a social life lol

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Believe me, there's a lot of people like that, maybe not to that extreme, but pretty off.

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

scary

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 01:28 am: Edit

I plan on hanging all my rejection letters up on my wall...I'm completely serious....I welcome rejection. Plus people will walk in my room and see all the UCLA/Berkeley Logos and be like wow you got accepted to all these schools, but then they'll read one and notice its a rejection and feel bad....Anyways i'm done...

By Lovetheriver (Lovetheriver) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 01:38 am: Edit

good thinkin donnie

By F3arxn03vil (F3arxn03vil) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 09:58 pm: Edit

I kinda wish I would have applied to some more challenging schools because I don't know what receiving a rejection letter is like lol. I know what getting cut from a team is like, so close enough, oh well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page