Emergency prepareness, opening the decision letter

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: Emergency prepareness, opening the decision letter
By Amylase (Amylase) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 08:59 am: Edit

Kill me guys, kill me.

It seemed everyone here is getting likely letters and other positive letters from school officials, but i got NOTHING.

Yet, colleges are gonna send out their decisions in barely a month. MIT gonna send them out on March 12th!!!!!!

THough i know well that i will be rejected after all, but there is still some stubborn spirits in the back of my head that won't accept the rejection!

I've been trying to imagine the instant i opened the decision letter and a very dark line appeard "i'm very sorry to inform you that we are unable to......". Usually it's in my dreams, worse than the most terrible nightmare. God, how am gonna deal with that.

Ok i might enlist myself in the army or something and get into a battle, at least i could be a war hero or some one to be remembered and respected not neglected as i am now by colleges.

By Amylase (Amylase) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:02 am: Edit

but as a second thought, china is quite a pacifist country always avoiding to entangle itself in any conflicts, so i might not get into battle field even if i join the army. I'm gonna continue being neglected and ignored.

By Amylase (Amylase) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:06 am: Edit

oh what i'm talking about, stupid.

There is still many nice things i can do in this world. like, since i won't be accepted into college, i will remain here in this CC discussion board and become the king of posters! Becoming the most prolific College Confidential poster of all the time!

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:06 am: Edit

Everyone else is freaked out too. Relax dude.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 11:48 am: Edit

Amylase

I think the reason that you haven't received likelies is because you're international. You have great stats, and I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Did you apply for financial aid, though?

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

Amylase, you remind me of my friend who got admission letters from two of his colleges three weeks ago but refuses to open them.

By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:30 pm: Edit

Shut up, all you want is attention.

By Valpal (Valpal) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Don't worry Amylase. There's a delivery time- lag for international mail. Your likely letters are probably still en-route..

By Dylan (Dylan) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:34 pm: Edit

"Ok i might enlist myself in the army or something and get into a battle, at least i could be a war hero or some one to be remembered and respected not neglected as i am now by colleges."

Wow.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

What happened to Lonelygal? I kind of miss that loud, obsessive weirdo.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 04:49 pm: Edit

"Amylase, you remind me of my friend who got admission letters from two of his colleges three weeks ago but refuses to open them."

Wow, that's so me. Don't worry, you're the only one not worried.

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:05 am: Edit

You won't even have to open the letter.

If it's big, it's great news.

If it's small...you know the alternative.

By Meow (Meow) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

That's not always true. I was just talking to someone yesterday about how we've both gotten acceptance letters in thin envelopes.

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

Then i've been proven wrong. My mistake.

However, I'd say the vast majority tend to be thick. yes?

But actually...a friend of mine last year recieved his LA notification in a thin letter...hmm...

Needless to say, it scared the plasma out of him.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:09 am: Edit

"it scared the plasma out of him. "

EW!!!

By Lonelygal (Lonelygal) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:10 am: Edit

hey there foreignboy...I aint gone nowhere!

By Mrblueskies (Mrblueskies) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

Amylase -- You are so determined to go to get into HYPSM, you have improved a lot since the last year when you got rejected. Now you are def. on the same level as eyeryone else applying to HYPSM. Good luck, but as a contingency plan you could always stay in HS another year (you are a junior this year, right?)...

Oh hey, random question, what do you plan to major in?

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Most of my friends have gotten their acceptance letters in a thin envelope. I think most colleges want you to send in the deposit fee first before they waste time mailing you the neccessities if you wont attend.

By Amylase (Amylase) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

candi,

i applied financial aid to colleges that are need blind to internationals, but not to those who's not need blind.

Mrblueskies,
I plan to major in, well biology.

I love this discussion board. This what kept me going after my last years college rejection depression, and probably again this year.

good luck to everyone on College Confidential

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

hey amylase, are you chinese? (i think i read that in another post) if so, are there any chinese colleges you wanna attend? my parents are always talking about those two good ones in beijing. will you be taking those "high tests" too? sorry if i sound nosy or something, i'm just curious.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page