When do Acceptance Letters Come?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: March 2004 Archive: When do Acceptance Letters Come?
By Devilatheart (Devilatheart) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

For all the deferred and those under regular review, when should we be expecting our acceptance/rejection/waitlist letters?

I know they send out a letter to alert you on missing files or to send in semester transcripts, but i've heard that they get back to u by late March. Why? Rumor also has it that May 1st is the national day where seniors must make a committment to a school.

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Check the "College Timeline" thread.

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

April 1st is usually when most notification letters come in, with some schools varying up to around April 15th. May 1st is the common date for all seniors to choose a school.

By Rowan (Rowan) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

It all depends on the school regarding admissions letters.

The May 1 acceptance of admission date is no lie; by NACAC mandate, all colleges must give their students until May 1 to reply to the offer of admission and send a deposit to secure their place (unless prior provisions specified -- as with ED programs).

It means the student is "committed" and has accepted a spot. I use quotations because it happens that a waitlisted student who is later accepted doesn't find out until after May 1, and may end up breaking their committment and attending the alternate university.

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

deferred people get their decisions at the same time as RD people, so anywhere from march to april (depending on the school). yes, may 1 is the date that seniors must mail their decisions to their colleges (at least all of the colleges i'm applying to have this 5-1 date, there might be exceptions, of course)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page